What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dufty comments

ouryears

Bench
Drop him now. Additude problem .
Well done James for having a go at Dufty . I have put a line through him especially after him abusing dragon sppporters.
He needs to go back to reserves and learn how to tackle and run straight.
He fits in with our B Grade backline.
Lafai, Aitken, Nighty, Nene, Hunt and Co
Junior grade stuff.
We need some Matt Cooper like STARCH.

Crush

Coach
I had to google him after that first try. Only 21 and 196cm tall. This kid is going to do some damage in the future. I'm hoping Lomax may turn out the same whether in the centres or FB spot. I haven't seen much of him tbh so does he have pace? Quite a few posters on here rate him highly. Here's hoping.
Pace is not Lomax's strength.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Well done James for having a go at Dufty . I have put a line through him especially after him abusing dragon sppporters.
And put on an extra 10kgs

emack

Juniors
Unbelievable.........a rookie who really hasn't proved himself over the full season, has an attitude problem.

Please send us a coach who has BALLS!!!!!!

j0nesy

Bench
The “news” on Dufty is heresy. It may be true but it also may not be. We need to give him the benefit of the doubt on that. Leave it up to the captain(s) and senior guys like Graham to deal his attitude if it is true, only those inside the club can know for sure and deal with it.

That aside, he hasn’t been playing good football and his position is under threat from both Lomax and Herbert. He has some deficiencies in defence, which hopefully he can address because I like the prospect of all three players in form and in the starting squad.

Bench
Herbert deserves a spot off the bench but if he is leaving then that won’t happen. There are 15 fullbacks over him in ability. However, we need to stick with him but unless he improves 100% then he should be dropped.
I don’t see any other club chasing him at this point in his career

321Davoe dragon

Juniors
Agree should learn to swerve or sidestep very predictable for other teams to work out too much sideway running ,talented kid but lot to learn ,Slaters not real big but has smart head...

321Davoe dragon

Juniors
Everyone needs to get off this kids back. He was great yesterday. Mary had a game plan and injuries cost the dragons. We need to extend dufty's contract soon so the loser supporters don't scare him away. He will play origin soon.
Dont think so ,hasnt the right frame of mind for origin his got great speed but i think Roberts or Inglis would go straight thru him unfortunatly ?maybe few yrs down the track if no injuries.

possm

Coach
Herbert deserves a spot off the bench but if he is leaving then that won’t happen. There are 15 fullbacks over him in ability. However, we need to stick with him but unless he improves 100% then he should be dropped.
I don’t see any other club chasing him at this point in his career

The problem is that time has run out. For the second half of the season all of our backs have been playing below there best however, Dufty, Nightingale and Aitken really have dropped in form.

So with Aitken injured and Nightingale injured, we at least need to bring two reserves in to replace them. And because our team is playing poorly, a shake up could be in order.

Fullback: I'd say Dufty should go to the bench. We just can't afford another shocker.
Left Wing: Macdonald needs to lift for this game.
Left Centre: I'd move Lafai to right centre but I know it won't happen.
Right Centre: Mann to stiffen up the right edge.
Right Wing: Herbert deserves his chance even if he is leaving
Five-eighth: Field needs to run direct and be solid in defence
Half: Hunt hopefully will lift

I hope the forwards have had a good rest this week. If they can perform at half pace the team will win.

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
So with Aitken injured and Nightingale injured, we at least need to bring two reserves in to replace them.
images

possm

Coach
I thought he had great speed too until I saw what that young Canterbury winger did to him...

My 11 year old son is very quick - just like his old man used to be. He preferred to let attacking players run past him mainly because he found it easier and less painful to catch up and tackle from behind. Time and tiem again I advised him that this was the wrong way to go and that one day there will be players just as quick as he is. Well the time came when he met up with an opposing player who is just as quick - in my opinion he is quicker.

Next week the coach pulled him aside and instead of doing the normal training drills he was training off the field having to tackle under 12 players head on. The coaches words were; 'when you can learn to tackle head on, that's when you will return to normal training'.

ouryears

Bench
I thought he had great speed too until I saw what that young Canterbury winger did to him...
To be fair mate, standing at full back with a fast running winger coming towards you, I would expect the ball runner to go around the FB 98 times out of 100.

Slater, Inglis and Co look the same as Duffy did in that circumstance. Dufty was standing still at fb, he can’t really start moving till the opposition player is near, and once he had to turn and chase it was never a matter of how fast each player was.

You could be 5 mts slower over 100 mts but still appear faster if you are running and the fb is planted to the ground.

321Davoe dragon

Juniors
To be fair mate, standing at full back with a fast running winger coming towards you, I would expect the ball runner to go around the FB 98 times out of 100.

Slater, Inglis and Co look the same as Duffy did in that circumstance. Dufty was standing still at fb, he can’t really start moving till the opposition player is near, and once he had to turn and chase it was never a matter of how fast each player was.

You could be 5 mts slower over 100 mts but still appear faster if you are running and the fb is planted to the ground.
Yes i agree ,canterbury winger had momentum ,definatley a good winger would look ok in red an white...

ouryears

Bench
Yes i agree ,canterbury winger had momentum ,definatley a good winger would look ok in red an white...
He sure would, amazing how other clubs can find great new youngsters to slip straight into their teams. Hopefully today our newbies will grab their chance.