What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dugan or Boyd

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Great player we are very lucky to have him in the team, I hope he stays and becomes a legend here.

Early days I know...but I've rated him for a while now......very Slater like performance..and by that I mean he looks to get involved at every opportunity.....hard to compere him to Boyd ....I will defer my comparison until he has a few more games under his belt with us.

BigRedV

Juniors
Lol, you can f**king read the excitement in the comments. Definitely early days, but f**k me it's good watching someone in red the V who is an actual "x factor" player.
Have we ever had one of the those before??

Minh

First Grade
Early days I know...but I've rated him for a while now......very Slater like performance..and by that I mean he looks to get involved at every opportunity.....hard to compere him to Boyd ....I will defer my comparison until he has a few more games under his belt with us.

Talent wise Dugan is far more talented than Boyd, however we won a premiership on the back of Boyd's golden run of form so can never forget. There aren't many players in the NRL more talented than Dugan to me that is a fact, I have admired his play for a while now and feared facing him every time almost as much as the fear of facing Greg Inglis.

mickeylane

Bench
My favourite all time players were Gasnier, Brian Johnson and Teddy Goodwin - excitement machines - but damn Dugan excites me!!!!

u kidding me right? after one game? Boyd has a premiership. Lets wait a few more weeks before we start making comparisons

No... let's make the comparison now :D

The Writing is on the Wall - definitely Dugan!!!! He just suits sooooooo well.

Very proud of our boys tonight. Great to see speed in the ruck again.

....AND how good was Jack DeBelin ????!!!!

....AND how good was Daniel Vidot ????!!!!

possm

Coach
Remember:
Can I have a 5 year dea? Sorry Wayne I'll give you 3 and see how it goes.

What about a 3 year deal? Now Josh, I think we can do match payments only for the rest of this year and then let's talk about it at the end of this season.

Sign him Doust before other clubs sign him for 2014 and byeyond.

Dugan was brilliant tonight, he's as good as any fullback in the League when he is playing like this.

saint.nick

Coach
It was great to see his parents in the crowd, especially with Dragons jerseys on. I felt like correcting the commentator who said Dugan bought new jerseys for them; probably wrong, as they are both fanatical saints fans already. His Dad especially looked really happy about his son playing for his team, and his son's childhood team. Dugan is really close with his parents, so hopefully they'll be really influential and helping him decide his future at the end of this year. I have no doubt David Dugan will plead him to stay. If the words from Dugan about the decision between us and brisbane being really tough are true, then it's highly likely he only chose the broncos because of his expected child.

Yeah, that was a great scene. Dad and Mum wer proud - and having alot of fun.

And that big smile on Duggies' face just would not go away - and spoke a thousand words of where his spirit is at.

Seriously, I think this bloke has found a happy home at Dragons.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I felt like correcting the commentator who said Dugan bought new jerseys for them
Another reason for the mute button. I haven't heard a Fox commentator for a couple of years now. Sound is always turned down at the local. If they said that, they're a total embarrassment to themselves.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
On Dugan, the kid definitely likes to run. Wonderful to see. But he was found out a couple of times. Caught out of position in defence at least once, and he really should have fended off Hayne when it was one-on-one. But hey, he's probably still finding his feet. Probably just a matter of confidence... and if that's him playing low on confidence, heaven help the opposition when he finds his mojo.

Just stay away from the piss, and stay away from social media. Sounds simple enough.

redandwhite1

Juniors
Boyd loved Wayne Bennett more than the club, glad he is gone! remember the damage he and Bennett caused in the uncertainty surrounding their negotiations. Dugan is a Cinderella story, go duges welcome home!

Twenty10

Juniors
Another reason for the mute button. I haven't heard a Fox commentator for a couple of years now. Sound is always turned down at the local. If they said that, they're a total embarrassment to themselves.

Mate he actually did buy them new jerseys. I was sitting near them at the game and heard them talking about it.

Perhaps you should mute your own voice. Is there anyone or anything you actually like?

Dribble.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Is there anyone or anything you actually like?
Haha. I like you chuckles. You're always the optimist.

You totally missed the point. I don't give a stuff about the jerseys. But by all means go into bat for Foxsports.

saint.nick

Coach
Mate he actually did buy them new jerseys. I was sitting near them at the game and heard them talking about it.

Perhaps you should mute your own voice. Is there anyone or anything you actually like?

Dribble.

lol, well thanks for correcting me then! I just assumed they already owned them because they're life long saints fans.

The Nick

Bench
Great club debut from Dugan but I am willing to bet we'll soon have threads bagging him.

Don't get me wrong, he's a talented kid and a big game player who turns up when it counts. But consistency has been his biggest issue in the past. Lets just see how he goes for the rest of the season before we get too carried away.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
lol, well thanks for correcting me then! I just assumed they already owned them because they're life long saints fans.
lol. Pretty sure Twenty10 was pissed off and told people to shut up after we beat Cronulla.

Latest posts