What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dugan or Boyd

Old_Timer

Juniors
Langlands was a bit of a pretty boy. Long hair and white boots and all that.

Ah the white boots. But he only wore them once (I think). Such a shame it was a Grand Final with Chang in the twilight of his great career. The famous boots ended up atop some goal posts on a footy field at Huddesfield in England.

redbreed

Juniors
I had to go out for dinner last night so I recorded the game and watched it latter. My wife tried to lure me into bed for special cuddle time but I chose to watch the game instead haha. I'm glad I did because I was as easily stimulated by watching what duges play. Man he offers so much his exactly what we need and is far better option then beale. The last time when I was this excited was that when style played 5/8 against souths I think for five minutes buy he had that same standout appeal that Dugan has.

Old_Timer

Juniors
My take on Dugan is that he has the potential to replicate everything that Chang did with us. He is freakish and few players have that gift. Hopefully the baggage he had with booze and social media will recede into ancient history. Think we are in for some exciting times hopefully.

possm

Coach
My take on Dugan is that he has the potential to replicate everything that Chang did with us. He is freakish and few players have that gift. Hopefully the baggage he had with booze and social media will recede into ancient history. Think we are in for some exciting times hopefully.

I agree Old Timer. He reminds very much of the days when Changa was at his best. He lifted the team last night in the same way that Changa used to do.

I just hope Doust does not take to long before he begins talks for a long term contract. I think Dugan will only get better and his price will only get more expensive.

inside_pass

Bench
We'll see over time how good he is but Langlands was an absolute legend.
Still the greatest fullback we have ever had!

The_Team_Won

Juniors
From what I saw last night Dugan looks the goods. I just hope he can put that performance on week in week out.

Minh

First Grade
When you look at the team sheet and you see the name Dugan at number 1, you no that you are in safe hands, same with Boyd in 2009/10.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Pisstakes aside, it is not the first time that Dugan has been compared to Langlands.

I have it on good authority that Langlands thought there were two players in recent history that looked the most like him when running the ball. Brett Mullins, and wait for it... Josh Dugan.

A massive wrap imo. Sort of like when Don Bradman said Sachin Tendulkar reminded him of himself (Yes, Changa is our Bradman).

No doubting Dugan's step, and he loves to run. I can see it, but time is the big factor here.

Aside from Mark Gasnier, Dugan is the most naturally gifted footballer to come through the place in years. Even the way he catches the bombs looks so classy. He has a great set of hands and beautiful evasion. Biggest man crush since Gaz (who will always be my number 1).

Father Ted

First Grade
Pisstakes aside, it is not the first time that Dugan has been compared to Langlands.

I have it on good authority that Langlands thought there were two players in recent history that looked the most like him when running the ball. Brett Mullins, and wait for it... Josh Dugan.

A massive wrap imo. Sort of like when Don Bradman said Sachin Tendulkar reminded him of himself (Yes, Changa is our Bradman).

No doubting Dugan's step, and he loves to run. I can see it, but time is the big factor here.

I just noticed you're up to six stars Willow . That makes you a forum field Marshall. So I agree . Dugan the guilty pleasure[-X

saint.nick

Coach
I agreed with Joey's comments re: Boyd today. I reckon he'd make a much better five eighth. He has great positional awareness, great vision, knows how to pass a ball, and wouldn't be scared of taking on the line. He very much reminds me of Lockyer.

TheRev

Coach
I had to go out for dinner last night so I recorded the game and watched it latter. My wife tried to lure me into bed for special cuddle time but I chose to watch the game instead haha. I'm glad I did because I was as easily stimulated by watching what duges play.

You made the right call, he is fast becoming total Man-Crush material, even with the tats and beard.

God-King Dean

Immortal
628149-130511s-josh-dugan.jpg

He's beautiful.

628149-130511s-josh-dugan.jpg

He's beautiful.

look i got the humour in the Langlands post straight away - OT, no need to worry. Our Changa remains our God, and no-one is commiting treason here.

...but this one has me ...? ! well, worried. Nah, aroused?!! He IS beautiful. Thanks God-King.

Doogie to adoring fans and throng of people following him around:

"I AM NOT THE MESSIAH.... OK, I AM!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW8fDw8VzKI

Old_Timer

Juniors
look i got the humour in the Langlands post straight away - OT........

Humour?? Grrrrrrr!!

Well Black Forest please share with me your take on the so called funny bit? If there was one, it went straight over my head.

I know I am a senile recalcitrant, but some things are precious, and my memories of Graeme Langlands are very much in that basket.

Any person that would seek to diminish Changs legacy should be burnt at the stake in front of the Taj. I would be happy to light the fire.

Last edited:

Latest posts