What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dugan Poll

Does Mary pick Dugan to play Bulldogs?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Red V for life

Juniors
I voted no. We don't have the full story, but clearly the leadership group has had enough, but...

...the thing that shits me to tears is McCrone's horrendous kicking game. So much field position just gifted to the opposition.

What's the lesser of the two evils? Hmmm...may need to change my vote.

Maxwell

Juniors
It was the senior playing group who canned Duges, but in Mary's press conference he said it was about player behaviour etc. What about Mary when he failed the RBT going to training one morning, why didn't he sack him self for behaviour habits . No different to Dugan, but yes I would have a team talk with whole team and put it to him bluntly , and select him.

hazzbeen

Bench
No he won't, we had nothing in attack compared to the spark Mann has offered & his read on the defence today was appalling which led to Panthers try.
But then again we are talking about McNOIDEA
I hope he isn't but , like you say Mary has no idea so if I was a betting man Id say he will have McCrone at 7.......

Drakon

Juniors
Wake up!

Of course we don't know all the facts about the stand down but the team bonded today and played for each other. Dugan won't be here next year either. The team - read that as - TEAM - are better off without Dugan.

Dufty has gone past him and so has Mann.

Play the same team as today and see the result.

2010Dragons

Bench
Bring back the "NO DICKHEAD POLICY" once upon a time this mighty club had !!
Back in the old days players like Dugun would have played reserve grade for the rest of their carriers with the bullshit attitudes like dugan's.

f**k off dugun, f**k off Mary. Bring back my mighty proud Dragons NO DICKHEAD POLICY

Does he play against Bulldogs? A bit of a moral dilemma but an easy one for me.
Whether he plays or not is irrelevant.
We have won a number of games without Dugan.
What the leadership group did yesterday is put the Team first.
That took gumption and set the scene for a gutsy win against an in form Penrith team at their home ground.
Dugan's future selection should only ever be in the context of putting the Team first.
The standard has now been set and it's not negotiable.

Old Timer

Coach
Bring back the "NO DICKHEAD POLICY" once upon a time this mighty club had !!
Back in the old days players like Dugun would have played reserve grade for the rest of their carriers with the bullshit attitudes like dugan's.

f**k off dugun, f**k off Mary. Bring back my mighty proud Dragons NO DICKHEAD POLICY
When exactly did we have that policy?
Plenty of misbehaving dick heads have played for our great club and still got selected in 1st grade.
Easy to single Dugan out but having followed them for almost 60 years I cant remember a specific period where we didn't have knob jockeys at the club.

2010Dragons

Bench
When exactly did we have that policy?
Plenty of misbehaving dick heads have played for our great club and still got selected in 1st grade.
Easy to single Dugan out but having followed them for almost 60 years I cant remember a specific period where we didn't have knob jockeys at the club.
Harry Bath era- Brian Smith era

Cazbah Steeler

Juniors
He has paid the price for missing the bus. Maybe he should have been dropped for the other game/s that he also miss the bus, if true. We need him against the dogs and for the semi's. I can't stand McCrone at 7

Old Timer

Coach
Harry Bath era- Brian Smith era
I can assure you there were some real lads in the Bath era including a few players that got a bit hungry on the field.
Certainly some indiscretions in those days but it was the era of the biff and greater tolerance of bad behaviour and of course all before team busses etc.

You're probably right about the Smith the era of well behaved players wearing white legs ins and failing to win a premiership but I suspect there were a couple of lads, so I'll have to have a bit of a think about that lot.

Smith was a chalky so he new something about discipline unlike our current coach who had no self discipline and appears to potentially have had little with players if any of the rumours are true.