What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dugan V Coote

Dugan v Coote

• Josh Dugan

Votes: 56 77.8%
  • Lachlan Coote

Votes: 16 22.2%

• Total voters

watatank

Coach
Who do you guys think is the best of the teenage fullbacks?

Both players are quality prospects and it has been quite clear for some time both have huge futures after killing it at every level possible so far. I think they will have quite an intriguing battle over the NSW fullback spot in a few years time, although Hayne may have to say something about that...

The poll will possibly be flawed considering Coote has been out for weeks and Dugan's recent form but nonetheless...

Eels Dude

Coach
Hard to judge Coote with his injures. I like Dugan at this stage though, his workrate for a fullback is incredible.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Locke leaves them for dead.

I think Locke is a better fullback then Coote, but behind Dugan. Only just. But all three are going to have very long and successful FG careers. Im biased but i vote Dugan. The kid is phenominal, he's already one of the best defensive fullbacks in the game, his attack has taken a few games to get going but he's looking dangerous every time he touches the footy.

Locke is a star in the making though, no questions

typicalfan

Coach
I would say Dugan but Coote is a good kid as well. Really hard to split two youngsters that are so talented.

Those two and Locke dominated the Toyota Cup prior to first grade, Coote got fullback of the year and Dugan got man of the match in the Grand Final.

Dugan already leads the league in average kick return metres and average runs per game. He also averages 8 tackle breaks per game. Plus defensively he is safe as a bank.

He's also more durable than Coote - Dugan is tiny and gets smashed every week including a game against Newcastle where he got a big knee injury, he ended up making a surprise return the next week.

The kid is a gun.

watatank

Coach
It's interesting...

Coote always seemed to be preferred coming through the ranks (I think). He was picked for NSW fullback in junior reps, Dugan at centre. He killed Toyota Cup though and got fullback of the year and he got to first grade first. His career has been hampered by injuries, though. Also, Dugan is probably making more of an impact of late...

typicalfan

Coach
I would say a lot of that has to do with Dugan having a good body type for a first grade fullback.

Coote seems to be still very small and lacks a little top end pace, but is still a gutsy player.

mxlegend99

Referee
Pretty crazy to compare the two when Coote has missed a fair chunk of the season through injury. When both were fit i would have Dugan just ahead of him on form this season, although both are only at a fraction of their potential at the moment.

Coote really needs to bulk up a bit. He's tough for his size and has great determination, but he's way too small to be playing the way he does.

andrew123

Juniors
hard to judge since coote has been out for alot of the season, so haven't seen him play much

because of this, leaning towards dugan coz he has been on fire the last few weeks

Yeah Dugan probably seems more "ready" for first grade (physically).

That's the thing - he's not. The kid looks like he hasn't eaten in a week. When he bulks up over the off-season and puts on some more kilos it'll be scary to see what he's like.

beads6

First Grade
Coote because he is the next D. Lockyer and because he doesn't wear a head gear.

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
Dugan will be the best fullback in the competition by the end of 2011. He will be the NSW fullback in 2011, 2012 at the latest, and the Australian fullback in 2012, at the latest 2013. And even then he will only be 22.

Almost willing to say that Dugan will be a better fullback than Lockyer. Comparisons to Coote are laughable. Locke is better than Coote, but not even in the ballpark when it comes to Dugan.

Dugan will also soon take over the goalkicking at Canberra, and he comfortably kicks at 85+%. Gordon @ Penrith is perhaps a better goalkicker, but he'd be the only one.

State of Origin fullback battles will be intense .. Dugan vs Boyd, the two best fullbacks in the world by end 2011. Boyd could, and in my opinion probably will, oust Slater at fullback as early as next season.

Noa

First Grade
Dugan will be the best fullback in the competition by the end of 2011. He will be the NSW fullback in 2011, 2012 at the latest, and the Australian fullback in 2012, at the latest 2013. And even then he will only be 22.

Almost willing to say that Dugan will be a better fullback than Lockyer. Comparisons to Coote are laughable. Locke is better than Coote, but not even in the ballpark when it comes to Dugan.

Dugan will also soon take over the goalkicking at Canberra, and he comfortably kicks at 85+%. Gordon @ Penrith is perhaps a better goalkicker, but he'd be the only one.

State of Origin fullback battles will be intense .. Dugan vs Boyd, the two best fullbacks in the world by end 2011. Boyd could, and in my opinion probably will, oust Slater at fullback as early as next season.

Jarryd Hayne finds your whole post insulting...............but hilarious.

Noa

First Grade
.........And FWIW Dugan is vastly superior to Coote but I wouldnt go blowing my load over anyone in there 1st year coz coaches have a whole off-season to work 'em out.