What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dumb or playing dumb?

AlexTheEel

Juniors
watching the interview after the game on parra tv it seemed neither Hagan or hindmarsh knew that if we lost that game we were gone for the season.

The whole response seemed very unprofessional especially Hagan who managed a smile and a laugh after being told we were gone for the year by a journalist.

Gronk

Staff member
It really would not have changed anything. We got hammered anyway.

AlexTheEel

Juniors
It really would not have changed anything. We got hammered anyway.

It's not about that but i just would have expected the players and coaching staff to know exactly what was needed prior to the game. A teams mentality is always different when there is no next week, compared to when there is and it looked like Hags and Hindy thought we were still alive.

Bigfella

Coach
Yes Jake may be rapt in Tautai's Leg Drive but his Arm Drive was non existant as he grasped at shirt sleeves and thin air the other night.

Inu's defence at centre has been abysmal all season. Has conceded more tries than any other player.

He also did KK no favours by neither sliding nor coming in, just backpedalled and allowed the attack far too much time and space.

bartman

Immortal
Apart from mathematically, we were gone for the season a couple of mo0nths ago, when we had the change to win and keep up with the pack and get into the top eight, but lost something like 5 or 6 straight?

The last few wins were a bonus that kept hopes alive. The Dragons are a real contender for the title, and they know how to get under the Storms' skin. I wouldn't be surprised if we look back and say we were beaten by the eventual premiers on Saturday night.

Gronk

Staff member
The Dragons are a real contender for the title, and they know how to get under the Storms' skin. I wouldn't be surprised if we look back and say we were beaten by the eventual premiers on Saturday night.

If they can play that way through the finals series then they sure have a chance Bart. I probably support them as well.

it is poor that they didn't know, i could not believe my ears when Hindy said " Can't we make it now? is that it?"

El Diablo

Post Whore
the only possible excuse they could use would be if they didn't know the Knights had won.

Eels Dude

Coach
I agree. Hopefully they were just focussing on the game and not worrying bout the maths in the lead up. Fair enough if they didn't know but they certainly shouldn't have let on. It just off as rather unprofessional and also slightly uncaring.

Nikki

Coach
Hagan is a real DADS (Dumb as Dog sh*t!). But the players are the smartest bastards in the world. They have showed up and "played" every week and can now sit back and count their $$$. More than what some of us would earn over 3 years.

Like many people here, I hate my job, but I am proud of the work I do. I dont think one player can hold their head up high this year. There has not been one game, even the ones we have won, that I have walked out feeling confident or excited for the season. Lets hope the Mighty Wenty Magpies can keep our dreams alive!!!