What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dunnemann retires

shear_joy9

Coach
I'd let Thompson go purely for his terrible articles in the Canberra Times.

As for Dobson, he'd still be in PL if not for Carney.

Chachi

Bench
Not sure how much of this to believe but time will tell. Certainly would not surprise me to see Dunemann go, however the stuff about players being unhappy with Henry is either a load of crap or words coming from people who will probably be better off elsewhere.

Didn't see the game on the weekend because I was away, but from the sounds of it there does seem to be an issue with Dobson. It certainly wouldn't surprise me if Henry was looking at at Zilly/Carney combo in the halves with Goodwin at FB for next season.

hotdogs

Juniors
Chachi said:
Not sure how much of this to believe but time will tell. Certainly would not surprise me to see Dunemann go, however the stuff about players being unhappy with Henry is either a load of crap or words coming from people who will probably be better off elsewhere.
quote]
well actually for your info its come from the players mouths themselves...henry is not doing them any favours eg tll and his dropping, and thats only 1-i'm not gonna keep name dropping, but take it how you want, we don't know exactly how things are going.
in tll's case they've been trying to change his and a couple of others players games and they're not happy, its very hard to change your game when you've been playing like that all your career.lets just say its not all plan sailing with this coach and the boys are finding it hard-maybe its just the change-over period from elliott and they're still coming to grips with it.
dunnemann's also not the only player thats mentioned the training regime a few have spoken out about it and i must say i have seen a couple of training schedules from one of the players and trust me they don't get a day off-every days spent either training or travelling to games-now with away games they go the day before and return the day after with a training on the day they leave before flying out.really thats 3 out of 7 days on the road which has got to be hard, elliott did sydney in 1 day-there and back.

Raider_69

Post Whore
concerning stuff from hotdogs, he is always on the money too so i have no reason to believe his info i wrong...

Lahrs is here at least untill 2010 season and i would hope the raiders would not be silly enough to release him early, teething problems are always expected, im sure by next season it'll be sweet, Lahrs will be used to henry and be playing better footy for it

Chachi

Bench
hotdogs said:
Chachi said:
quote]
well actually for your info its come from the players mouths themselves...henry is not doing them any favours eg tll and his dropping, and thats only 1-i'm not gonna keep name dropping, but take it how you want, we don't know exactly how things are going.
in tll's case they've been trying to change his and a couple of others players games and they're not happy, its very hard to change your game when you've been playing like that all your career.lets just say its not all plan sailing with this coach and the boys are finding it hard-maybe its just the change-over period from elliott and they're still coming to grips with it.
dunnemann's also not the only player thats mentioned the training regime a few have spoken out about it and i must say i have seen a couple of training schedules from one of the players and trust me they don't get a day off-every days spent either training or travelling to games-now with away games they go the day before and return the day after with a training on the day they leave before flying out.really thats 3 out of 7 days on the road which has got to be hard, elliott did sydney in 1 day-there and back.
I'm not saying you're making it up hotdogs, I'm just suggesting that even though some players might be complaining off the record it could be interpreted to mean some players aren't willing to put in what's required to be successful. God knows there are some guys who have had free rides in the past here and if that means they are now struggling under Henry then so be it.

To be honest, having first graders complaining about being too busy with training is a bit laughable considering most of them had nearly a week off/away with the bye. I think we all know of a good example of what happens when players have too much time on their hands...

As far as TLL goes, I do admit that I thought it was a bit strange that Henry came out and said he wanted to develop him into more of a front rower. I'm really not sure why that is to be honest. Dobson is another kettle of fish though. He could be a solid player, but I honestly think we have more talented halves on the books if he's not willing to bust his arse to make a go of it. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go back to the ESL.

Didnt Henry say the were flying back straight after yesterdays game , maybe he is changing tactics and realising theyre spending to much time away.

Lime_Green

Juniors
At the end of the day, unhappy players = worrying. :?

The players looked pretty emotionally flat this week, I hope that doesn't continue.

Henry has tried some things I'm not too happy with either, but you have to understand his need to experiment a bit at first.

The strategy of picking on form has been very successful for Bellamy, lets hope it works here too. It CAN go wrong, particularly if you're not having much success on the field.

hotdogs

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
Lahrs is here at least untill 2010 season and i would hope the raiders would not be silly enough to release him early, teething problems are always expected, im sure by next season it'll be sweet, Lahrs will be used to henry and be playing better footy for it

he's only here till 09, but if he continues to play in PL i'm sure we'll be looking at a release well before that date. but like i said chances are their will be more players than just him looking in directions away from canberra.and especially like i said with next years comp arriving.

Lime_Green

Juniors
hotdogs said:
he's only here till 09, but if he continues to play in PL i'm sure we'll be looking at a release well before that date. but like i said chances are their will be more players than just him looking in directions away from canberra.and especially like i said with next years comp arriving.

Care to elaborate a bit?

Who is rumoured to be unhappy?

Raston has spent a bit of time on the bench for PL , therefore thats sort of says there is a problem with him , as he can play at FG level. Best and Howell I can imagine been unhappy as well , but the players should realise if you play sh*t then you can play in PL.

Edwahu

Bench
What happened to TLL after he got dropped? He came back and played his best football of the year! Maybe Henry knows whats better for some of the players and the team then they do.

legend

Coach
TLL was well below his best and needed to regain some confidence in PL before he came back and now he is getting back to his best and he will be needed against the rampaging Eels this week.

Maybe he shoudl start with Tilse back to the bench?

Evergreen

Juniors
I think its a natural thing that there would be some unrest within the club. We now have completely different coaching staff from last year and its not unacceptable to think that some players will have difficulty adjusting.

The important factor is of course, performance. If Henry can take this side to the finals (which personally I think he is on track to do), then he will have earned the full respect of his players and we can get on with the business of winning a premiership in future.

Even if we aren't in the picture come September, I find it hard to understand how some players can get so p!ssed off considering we've heard nothing but praise for Henry and his methods since his name first became familiar.

Macko8

Juniors
legend said:
TLL was well below his best and needed to regain some confidence in PL before he came back and now he is getting back to his best and he will be needed against the rampaging Eels this week.

Maybe he shoudl start with Tilse back to the bench?

TLL into the starting prop position.Tilse back to bench or even back to premier league to get some confidence up .. bring in thurling, his soo underrated.
Give him gametime and see what he can do.

Latest posts