What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dylan Brown Charged with Sexual Offence

Mojo

Bench
Sadly it does happen. There was a semi recent case of rape allegations against a college student (I think) in the US who committed suicide as a result, and the alleged victim came out some time after and admitted to making it up. Although I think that was more personal than for gain, I don't follow criminal law closely so stand to be corrected.

But yeah it's unbelievably rare. The incels of the internet seem to think false rape allegations are happening every weekend for some reason.
I suspect it's because many harbor a secret fear that one day they could be accused themselves and they have a deep subconscious fear of females being so unpredictable and vengeful. Many, probably even most, men are uncomfortable about yielding authority and power to others, especially to persons of the 'opposite' gender, or 'weird' sexual preferences.

Let's face it, this discussion always has a subtext of: I'm allowed to touch you and if you object, well, no harm done, I thought you wanted it and were enjoying it. No offence (indeed).

Last edited:

bazza

Immortal
Picture this scenario, you're a star footballer. Physically fit, making money and fall into the top 5% of earners.

Why would you feel the need to risk that when you'd probably have an abundance of safe choices and options?
because you are a 22 year old single male who hangs out with a bunch of similarly aged friends who aren't high profile sportspeople

84 Baby

Referee
You can't find anything about Paul Kent being sacked by his employer?
No. You’d think something like that would be larger news. If true, his NRL360 teammates are probably lucky the media haven’t picked up on them making strange animal like noises while they deal with losing their teammate.

Last Week

Bench
No. You’d think something like that would be larger news. If true, his NRL360 teammates are probably lucky the media haven’t picked up on them making strange animal like noises while they deal with losing their teammate.
Probably because he hasn't been sacked.

Peach & Apricot

Juniors
Picture this scenario, you're a star footballer. Physically fit, making money and fall into the top 5% of earners.

Why would you feel the need to risk that when you'd probably have an abundance of safe choices and options?

This is one of the things Trump told the inconvenient truth about - when you're rich and famous there's no shortage of women who throw themselves at you, and many are trying to take advantage. Blokes are pretty vulnerable these days since any woman who doesn't get the attention she was hoping for can just make up allegations and get lots of media coverage to destroy the guy.

SBD82

Coach
This is one of the things Trump told the inconvenient truth about - when you're rich and famous there's no shortage of women who throw themselves at you, and many are trying to take advantage. Blokes are pretty vulnerable these days since any woman who doesn't get the attention she was hoping for can just make up allegations and get lots of media coverage to destroy the guy.
Why do so many people on here parrot incel talking points?

Latest posts