What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dylan Brown is overrated

He's been in the team for a while now and hasn't set the world on fire. He was a boy when he came in and is now a man but I don't see much mental development in his game.
He’s mentally good at posting on instagram and the socials. Very consistent, very involved. If he just only applied himself to his 800k contract consistently and not hide when times get tough. Flat track bullly.

JokerEel

Coach
I blame BA for not simplifying his game especially when Moses was Injured.

He isn't a halfback

King-Gutho94

Coach
Always doing stupid shit on his social media pages and hamming it up at training. The guy is a peanut. Probably the dumbest merkin we have had since Corey Norman and that ended in tears.

I cannot see this marriage ending well.
It's funny you mention Norman.

BA gave him the captaincy as well for a few games in 2015.

Just like he gave Dylan the captaincy before he got punted when Gutho was injured.

I guess BA had a knack of spotting quality leadership

hindy111

Post Whore
Always doing stupid shit on his social media pages and hamming it up at training. The guy is a peanut. Probably the dumbest merkin we have had since Corey Norman and that ended in tears.

I cannot see this marriage ending well.

What your using my Peanuts now?

hindy111

Post Whore
He’s mentally good at posting on instagram and the socials. Very consistent, very involved. If he just only applied himself to his 800k contract consistently and not hide when times get tough. Flat track bullly.

I'd say he is on 900k not 800k.

lingard

Coach
I've always thought Brown was overrated; right through his career so far. He's a good, solid five-eight. But he's no superstar. Far too one dimensional in his play. Doesn't read a game too well. Great defensive five-eight, but that's only half the game. Can't understand why anyone would want him to be our fullback.

T-Boon

Coach
Give him a go at fullback. He is a good ball runner. I think Talagi needs to be closer to the action:
Brown
Simmonson
Gutherson
Penisini
Russell
Talagi
Moses

EelsFan05

Bench
It's funny you mention Norman.

BA gave him the captaincy as well for a few games in 2015.

Just like he gave Dylan the captaincy before he got punted when Gutho was injured.

I guess BA had a knack of spotting quality leadership

I think there was method in that madness somewhere. But it didn’t/hasn't worked with those two.

Last edited:

Noise

Coach
He's a strong runner of the ball but has no idea how to set up his outside players. His footy IQ is pretty shit. I don't reckon he watches / analyses much footy. He just runs and steps off his left foot.

Last edited:

T-Boon

Coach
He has always made heaps of half breaks. Maybe if he is able to run in the middle more, like a fullback can, he would turn those into full breaks - against slower defenders.

Avenger

Immortal
I’d be all in on whatever is best for Talagi for next season. I think he is our best young back in many years.
I’d also try to get Galvin.
Great point. I’m completely off Dylan Brown. My son’s friends see him partying hard every weekend. His discipline is non existent. Hopefully a new coach gives him a Lomax type of assessment on where he is at.