What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dylan Brown is overrated

eels_fan

First Grade
i don't know if he is overrated so much that he is overpaid - and therefore the expectations on him and higher than they should be.

Really, he is a $500-$600k half that is solid, but not the main man by any means, and floats to freely in and out of games. The fact we are paying him $900k plus speaks to the failures of our club.

His defensive game is elite, but aside from that, he a just a good player. Thats all

Gronk

Staff member
Besides Munster there wouldn't be a 6 currently on more money than him. He's overrated.

i don't know if he is overrated so much that he is overpaid - and therefore the expectations on him and higher than they should be.

Really, he is a $500-$600k half that is solid, but not the main man by any means, and floats to freely in and out of games. The fact we are paying him $900k plus speaks to the failures of our club.

His defensive game is elite, but aside from that, he a just a good player. Thats all

I'd rather have him than paying Ezra Mam $5m over 4 years.

These 5/8s are off contract 2024-27

Adam Doueihi, Kieran Foran, Tyson Gamble, Anthony Milford, Hayze Perham, Josh Schuster, Paul Turner, Stanley Huen, Te Maire Martin, Tristan Sailor, Jaeman Salmon, Cody Walker, Jack Cole, Lachlan Galvin, Jye Gray, Luke Metcalf, Karl Oloapu, Luke Brooks, Matt Burton, Latu Fainu, Cameron Munster, Max Plath, Jayden Sullivan, Jack Wighton

Avenger

Immortal
I'd rather have him than paying Ezra Mam $5m over 4 years.

These 5/8s are off contract 2024-27

Adam Doueihi, Kieran Foran, Tyson Gamble, Anthony Milford, Hayze Perham, Josh Schuster, Paul Turner, Stanley Huen, Te Maire Martin, Tristan Sailor, Jaeman Salmon, Cody Walker, Jack Cole, Lachlan Galvin, Jye Gray, Luke Metcalf, Karl Oloapu, Luke Brooks, Matt Burton, Latu Fainu, Cameron Munster, Max Plath, Jayden Sullivan, Jack Wighton
Galvin is who I'd be targeting regardless of whether Brown is here or not.

Gronk

Staff member
Galvin is who I'd be targeting regardless of whether Brown is here or not.

If he's smart, he will bide his time at the Panthers or Storm and learn his trade.

Hopefully he doesn't chase the cash and go from shit club to $hit club.

Avenger

Immortal
If he's smart, he will bide his time at the Panthers or Storm and learn his trade.

Hopefully he doesn't chase the cash and go from shit club to $hit club.
I hope the new coach taps plenty on the shoulder and recruits some speed out wide. Contracts mean f**k all these days.

T-Boon

Coach
For the rest of the year I'd be moving Gutherson, Talagi and Brown around to find what they are best at at this stage of their careers.
Brown should get a run at centre and fullback, Talagi should get a run at centre, fullback and 5-8, Guth should move to centre - that is his future.

Moses that second half was worse, a 1.2m half against a team with 3 injured and against 12 men and he offered zero. He needed to get us home and when it mattered he didn't. The whole squad needs a clean out to get rid of the Bea Arther stench.

Moses seems to get sucked off constantly but whenever Hynes puts a foot wrong.. he gets slaughtered.

hindy111

Post Whore
D.Brown is playing behind a rubbish forward pack with poor defense. He is 23 soon to be 24. Behind a good pack in 2022 he was 21 going on 22. His regression has a lot to do with nonstrike 2nd rower or backs and a sloe forward pack not dominating.