What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dylan Farrell signed!

blacksafake

First Grade
I like this signing,he's big mobile,has good hands( played some 5/8 coming through the grades) & can find the line.With our wingers we need someone to give them opportunities & i think he can.Besides i don't think he would have cost a lot?

willzy91

Juniors
this is a great signing, we are finally buying players who are going to pose questions to defensive line. now all we need is to sign both dugan and chase and i would say one more prop some like sam kasiano or ben matulino to cap off a very competitive team next seaon.

saint06

Juniors
Its not a bad backline for next season, with some pace, bit of size.

Dugan (i'm assuming he will be re-signed by the club after his 15 game stint)
Moz
Beale
Farrell
Knightingale
Widdop
Chase

Potentially the best back 3 in the comp, centres with some size and good footwork, a running five eight. Its just Chase really? He is the unknown. Add a pack with Merrin, Frizzell, Thompson, Stockwell - there is good size there.

Not bad. Now we just have to live with this year.

Elias1983

Coach
He's the bloke that bombed that try against the dogs last year...the one where barba caught him and slid him over the sideline isn't he?

Has he played much this year?

BunniesMan

Immortal
He has shown glimpses of having star potential but more often than not he's been "just" a reliable and solid player. I've always liked him and ideally I'd have preferred we keep him but we can't keep everyone and there are other players we need to make a priority ahead of him.

Having said that, I wish him luck and I hope he finds success with you guys.

TheRev

First Grade
watched a few youtube vids, he sort of just fell onto a lot of balls created by some amazing talent around him, ill have to watch more of him this season to see what he can create himself.

Anyone familiar with Farrell's defence? Because frankly thats the big Chase is missing, I actually think he is quite decent in attack for a low budget player, he does break the line given half a chance.

Elias1983

Coach
He has shown glimpses of having star potential but more often than not he's been "just" a reliable and solid player. I've always liked him and ideally I'd have preferred we keep him but we can't keep everyone and there are other players we need to make a priority ahead of him.

Having said that, I wish him luck and I hope he finds success with you guys.

Thanks Bunniesman, look forward to seeing him at the dragons.

Goodluck against the donkeys this week.

Stagger Lee

Bench
Not overwhelmed by this news - his attack is good but I have seen him make to many bad defensive desions . I think he may have been the dragons second choice behind Will Chambers whom has just resigned for Melbourne

BrissyRedV

Bench
Not overwhelmed by this news - his attack is good but I have seen him make to many bad defensive desions . I think he may have been the dragons second choice behind Will Chambers whom has just resigned for Melbourne

Age is the thing here. He is only 21 and still in development. He will only improve.

RedV_J

Juniors
he will improve heaps, he's only young... Does he play left or right centre? I'm pretty sure it's left, looking forward to him replacing cooper

hardbaby

Coach
We needed to build a much better team and we are. We needed to fix problems and we have. It's looking really good. Now get Rangi. That position is pivotal.

BranVan3000

Coach
Farrell is at the age where he will only get better. But the wrong coach could screw his development

I think he'd have way more impact but he has been battling back problems since last year

HDragonsFan

Juniors
Great singing IMO... Doust wasn't lying when he said we were in a strong position re: recruitment, just after Sowie announced his Penrith departure.