What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

***E-Bay help, Urgent***

White Poiner

Coach
Hello, i just sold a phone on e-bay.
And i did not get the price i wanted...

Can you refuse to send the item?

Please help!!!!!!

juanfarkall

Coach
dude you probably should have set a reserve or a higher starting price...

in a word farked.

there are a few ways out of your dilemma but really in this situation, you should just cop the loss and learn from it.

juanfarkall

Coach
just out of curiosity, what sort of phone was it and did it "owe you" money ?

phones do tend to depreciate pretty rapidly these days.

Juan Pharkall

Juniors
Maybe try and recoup some of your money by gouging them on postage, or giving them the phone with less accessories.

Or just level with them and say you are a Sharks supporter and they might feel sorry for you :)

ebay is pretty unforgiving. You can always bid against yourself, but I think they check IP addresses. You don't need a bad rep.

cainen

Juniors
You could be an asshole and say it got stolen or broken or something like that...but that would be being an asshole.

It's your fault for not setting a reserve in the first place so you should just send it and learn from your mistake.

Utey

Coach
A mate of mine always does false bids on his own items. He always sells stuff for more then its usually worth.

Simo

First Grade
Last i checked you cant set reserves for most items in Australiam they removed this feature.

You have to set a higher starting price, but then you have to pay a higher listing fee.

Ebay has become a rip off, where you are now charged a listing fee whether it sells or not and then a fee when you sell it based on how much you sell it for - you are slugged twice and then add any banners or extra pics and you are hit for everything.

It used to be good, a bit of a rip off now.

Anyone know of decent alternatives??

McLovin

Staff member
Can't you just keep it and cop some bad feedback?? I mean, what's the worst that could happen??

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Simo said:
Last i checked you cant set reserves for most items in Australiam they removed this feature.

You have to set a higher starting price, but then you have to pay a higher listing fee.

Ebay has become a rip off, where you are now charged a listing fee whether it sells or not and then a fee when you sell it based on how much you sell it for - you are slugged twice and then add any banners or extra pics and you are hit for everything.

It's not that bad, you're only charged a couple of $$ for most listings. Provided you're realistic about the value of what you're selling you can still make plenty of money. At the end of the day far more people use eBay than the alternatives so even if you pay a listing fee the factthat you'll tend to fetvh a better price means you make more. I made about $600 selling off old stuff of mine last week.

Simo

First Grade
MC84 said:
Can't you just keep it and cop some bad feedback?? I mean, what's the worst that could happen??

You could if it didnt bother you....there is nothing that ebay will really do - they get there money either way (p.s. dont ever be late with your fees, they charge worse than a bank with late fees (unless your planning on doing the runner from your fees aswell!)).

I am certain people do things like this and then just change user name and start again with no bad rap. The feedback system is good for regular users who have built a good rep and dont want it tarnished......for those who have only done 1 or a few transactions they dont care they just start again.

Simo said:

http://www.oztion.com.au/

Not much of a range yet and not sure on selling conditions.

Simo

First Grade
Thanks sir knight.....if this thing gets a bit bigger it seems fairer (although if it takes of I imagine it will keep hiking the fees like ebay as it looks identical....almost enough to be in trouble!)

Zero Cost Listing
Sellers can list unlimited items on OZtion using our Zero Cost Listing service which includes all of the following.
Additionally, you may use promotional features to attract more attention.
Subtitle Enter additional information about your item
Pictures Up to 3 pictures with no file size limit
Description Enter up to 10,000 characters to describe your item (HTML allowed)
Preview picture A preview of your first picture will be shown in the item list
BuyNow option Set a fixed price for instant purchase
BidNow BidNow
Undisclose auction remaining time
Auto-1-Min Auto-1-Min
Auto-1-Min extends the auction time for one minute automatically if a bid is placed on an item within the last 60 seconds
Auto-Relist Re-list automatically at the end if it is not sold

Promotional Features Fees Learn more
Front page featured $9.95 Listing will be randomly displayed on the OZtion front page.
Category special $4.95 Listing will be showed above other items in it's category list. Will also display in the Category Special list & have Category Special shown in the title.
Highlight listing $1.95 The listing will be highlighted in yellow.
Bold listing $0.95 The listing will be in BOLD font.

Sale Fees
$0.05 - $3.30 $0.10 flat
$3.31 - $100.00 3% of sale price
$100.01 - $500.00 $3.00 + 2.5% of sale price over $100.00
$500.01 - $1000.00 $13.00 + 2% of sale price over $500.00
Over $1000.00 $23.00 + 1.5% of sale price over $1000.00
Maximum sale fee $30.00