What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eagles Round One!

Briza

Juniors
Unless there is an injury to our wingers or a brain explosion by management/coaching - Hoppa will spend the year in Reggies.

Anonymous

Juniors
he can make yards and keep going forward, but he is too slow for a winger or a centre and not solid enough in defense. so the only place i can see him making an impact is as a forward off the bench, but then who do you drop from the current and new forwards to make room for him?

Hecks??

Briza

Juniors
King
Randall
Kite
Watmough
Kennedy
Menzies

Leuluai
Heckenberg
Harris
Williams

Stewart

Thats my preference, IMO this bench is a necessity- good go forward and excellent defence.
And Stewart must come into consideration on a weekly basis, having Hoppa there will only hamper this.
Sorry Hoppa :arrow:

Anonymous

Juniors
I agree,

Although for mine Harris has a lot to prove after his performance this year. Id start him off the bench and give him 3 games to show his worth. Then look at giving him a run inlower grades if he doesnt perform.

I assume you mean williamson not williams for mine he HAS to be in the team. Witt has taken his option for 5/8 out but he has to feature somewhere

Briza

Juniors
Agreed on Harris, but his obvious potential is there and Dessie will start him in the 2nd row.

IMO the best option would be;

Williamson to start both halves for 20 mins, this is the time when most teams put points on us in 04 and his defence is crucial.
Replace him with Harris for the last 20.

Anonymous

Juniors
yeah i agree with that.

Just wish there was more room for williamson in the team.

I would love to see Glenn get a run but he ha plenty of years ahead of him and williamson doesnt.
So I would put him in the first spot that becomes available then worry about blooding some more youngsters. of course this all depends on how well the team performs from the get go

Briza

Juniors
If his 04 form continues/improves Glen Sewart will play a good deal of games in 05, who he pushes out wont have to play to badly for him to get his chance.

And once he does I expect him to keep his spot.

While Willo is at Manly, his defence alone will keep him in the 17.

Dessie is close to having the kind of team he wants, and if a player is not performing he will no longer have the easy ride as in the last few years, we saw this last year with Donnelly being dropped when his form slipped.

Next year we have an even better Sqaud of Forwards, and I think Des is ready to play Hardball!

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Knights_fan13 said:
Kennedy number 12 my heart breaks :( :( :( GIVE HIM BACK!! :p

:-({|= :-({|= :-({|=

Karma is slowly getting you merkins back for 97...It started late last year :D

Milko

Juniors
Mullane if fit will get first crack at 5/8 with Monaghan to be CAptain(thoroughly deserves it) at half and controlling the play and letting Mullane play off the back of his good leadership. He struggled to handle the out and out pressure of doing everything but with a dominant half to kick and lead the team around the park in mOna's he will be better suited; also a great pack that has the potential to be one of the best in the comp will be of great benefit to the smaller halves combination.

Anonymous

Juniors
Milko,

You are kidding yourself.

I am telling you now Mullane will not get a crack at 5/8 and I can tell you that with 98% certainty.

He will be in PL next year, witt was bought as the 5/8 and burns will also get a crack before mullane. I think you will find mullane on the bench in PL

Milko

Juniors
Deary me Zaphod you obviously arent very familiar with the MAnly infrastructure but that is fine I am not here to argue just to tell the facts and like it or lump it Witt has been bought for support and Burns well mate I dont know how much football you watch but I can tell you he would be murdered in First grade and was very average at Cronulla and only got a start in reserve grade due to players conflict with coaching staff.

Anonymous

Juniors
Milko think what you will but I can tell you Jye wont be in the team definately not to start with

About the infrastructure well, i know a lot more than you would think.

At any rate, ill accept your apology when the first team is announced

Milko

Juniors
Listen Zaphod what ever you think you know it is completely and utterly not true. Who ever is telling you this or if you claim to really know people within the club they have not got it right. I can even tell you know that he is gone; Mullane would have been given first crack in front of Walker and that is also coming from Walker who was looking to get out anyway. No need for apologies but just wait and see and cheer on the Eagles who if they can get going early with a decent draw can positiojn themselves right in the mix by the halfway stage and build on a top 8 finish there after.