What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Early team vs Tigers

Frenzy.

Immortal
That’s the real kicker for me I’ve realised.
All the years I’ve been at Endeavour with a team in all sorts of form and currently it’s the worst experience. Without the block of flats of a club - it’s nothing more than where it all began up at Sutherland Oval.

I would assume the club re-opening would be ready for next year? Or is it delayed again?

Sounds harsh but I can’t see myself going back until the club is open.
The annual CE report says it is delayed again. Must be true. I heard it on a podcast

Craigshark

First Grade
No, he's not THE problem but he is A problem. One of many. The left side has had no penetration at all since he has come in. Ronnie gets no clean ball. He persistently cuts back inside away from his winger.

I like Iro, but you’re right. It’s no coincidence the points have dried up as a whole since Talakai has moved from centre. We need Hunt, Tapuha and Uele firing, and they can provide the same impact from the bench Talakai can.

Iro bombed a certain try last night not passing to Ronaldo, albeit he probably scores himself 9 times out of 10, the titans were just defending for their lives.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I like Iro, but you’re right. It’s no coincidence the points have dried up as a whole since Talakai has moved from centre. We need Hunt, Tapuha and Uele firing, and they can provide the same impact from the bench Talakai can.

Iro bombed a certain try last night not passing to Ronaldo, albeit he probably scores himself 9 times out of 10, the titans were just defending for their lives.
No way. He's 1 from 13 games in the NRL. He wasn't that prolific in reggies either. Acceptable ut not lights out in terms of scoring tries. 24 in 43 games. He's only made 3 line breaks.

He's a second rower in centre's clothing.

Craigshark

First Grade
The gap opened up. against a lesser side, he cuts back off his left foot and catches the cover coming over, over chasing and gets over the line more times than not in that situation. The titans wanted it more than us. Just like the tackle on Ronaldo by Fifita later in the game.

R-15-3

Bench
While every one of us will happily cook individuals the simple fact is it has been downhill since Sifa was moved into the fowards. It has fekked up the teams gyroscope. Iro is dross.
Agree 100%
Sifa running rampant on the edge also brings Ronnie into the attack and opens up the inside for Tieg, Tricky & Hynes.
The whole left side currently causes defence zero problems enabling teams to push up faster with little concern of having to make a defensive decision or needing numbers in a tackle.
Iro at best is a winger but I fear we haven’t made the decision to not move Iro due to contract still in negotiations.

Frailty

First Grade
Or god forbid, dummy’s one way and then passes the other…. Or steps out one way, and passes to the other…. Or engages the marker and A defender before shovelling it on…. Or has an attempt to burrow over…. Or puts in a kick……

But he’s good looking, can tackle and his passing is pretty
As long as you ignore his 6 misses against the Titans, some of which were directly resulting in conceding a try.

Chimp

Bench
As long as you ignore his 6 misses against the Titans, some of which were directly resulting in conceding a try.
Well yes… even the bits of his game that are usually good, have turned to shit.

He was wining me over earlier in the year, for 90 meters of the pitch he looked good, it was just the final 10 where he turned to shit. Now he’s just shit for the full 100 meters.

I know I’m like a broken record, but he has to be a threat first and foremost, otherwise the defenders just slide and pressure the first receiver, and the whole defensive unit can slide and the space outside disappears. He’s doing nothing for his team. There were multiple occasions last night where we were right on their line and a huge gap at the side of the ptb that he could have gone for, but doesn’t even look, and the defenders are already sliding out as they know he’s not gonna have a dig.

PJ

First Grade
Well yes… even the bits of his game that are usually good, have turned to shit.

He was wining me over earlier in the year, for 90 meters of the pitch he looked good, it was just the final 10 where he turned to shit. Now he’s just shit for the full 100 meters.

I know I’m like a broken record, but he has to be a threat first and foremost, otherwise the defenders just slide and pressure the first receiver, and the whole defensive unit can slide and the space outside disappears. He’s doing nothing for his team. There were multiple occasions last night where we were right on their line and a huge gap at the side of the ptb that he could have gone for, but doesn’t even look, and the defenders are already sliding out as they know he’s not gonna have a dig.

Maybe they are holding that for the finals, in which case they'll have probably left it too late

Quigs

Immortal
Reckon Api won't be running out on Shark Park next week.

Match Review should wipe him out for a week or two.

Chimp

Bench
Maybe they are holding that for the finals, in which case they'll have probably left it too late
I’ve seen things like this suggested a few times, but it’s bollocks in my opinion. Maybe you save the odd trick shot for the big games, but not a way of playing. He couldn’t totally change his way of playing in finals and start throwing out lots of craft and deception without having done it all season, it would completely throw the rest of the team - the timing, the understanding, that all has to be crafted throughout the year and be hitting peak at finals time.
Blayke is generally very good at the basics (passing/catching/tackling), but appears to have zero actual nouse or individual creativity. He doesn’t even look up for eyes up footy, let alone have the ability to take advantage of a situation that presents itself in front of him.

PJ

First Grade
I’ve seen things like this suggested a few times, but it’s bollocks in my opinion. Maybe you save the odd trick shot for the big games, but not a way of playing. He couldn’t totally change his way of playing in finals and start throwing out lots of craft and deception without having done it all season, it would completely throw the rest of the team - the timing, the understanding, that all has to be crafted throughout the year and be hitting peak at finals time.
Blayke is generally very good at the basics (passing/catching/tackling), but appears to have zero actual nouse or individual creativity. He doesn’t even look up for eyes up footy, let alone have the ability to take advantage of a situation that presents itself in front of him.
Oh i agree it's bollocks

Special K

Coach
1. Kennedy
2. Katoa
3. Raimen
4. Iro
5. Ronnie
6. Trindall
7. Hynes
8. Toby
9. Brailey
10. BHU
11. Nikora
12. Wilton
13. McInnes
14. Kaufusi
15. Colquhoun
16. Talakai
17. Hunt
18. DA

Hazleton have a rest. Williams have a think about ball control.. Tuku keep working.

First merkin to drop a ball or give a penalty is sacked.

I know he is out one more week.
But after the bye run into finals
Centre/wing combo
Ronaldo Stonestreet not sure which to play centre I think that is way to go

SharkShocked

Bench
1. Kennedy
2. Katoa
3. Raimen
4. Iro
5. Ronnie
6. Trindall
7. Hynes
8. Toby
9. Brailey
10. BHU
11. Nikora
12. Wilton
13. McInnes
14. Kaufusi
15. Colquhoun
16. Talakai
17. Hunt
18. DA

Hazleton have a rest. Williams have a think about ball control.. Tuku keep working.

First merkin to drop a ball or give a penalty is sacked.

Im not sure Toby is fit enough to start a match right now. Bloke is gassed very early on.

We have a real starting prop issue at the moment.

Hazleton has hit the wall after being depended on heavily earlier in the year that probably wasn’t in the planning.

Uele / Toby can’t seem to find fitness.

Kafusi has been on and off strong but needs some help.

Hunt has been sensational off the bench for impact and I wouldn’t really want to lose that regularly.

AFB / Uele fit next year has to be the goal for starting props.

That’s the real kicker for me I’ve realised.
All the years I’ve been at Endeavour with a team in all sorts of form and currently it’s the worst experience. Without the block of flats of a club - it’s nothing more than where it all began up at Sutherland Oval.

I would assume the club re-opening would be ready for next year? Or is it delayed again?

Sounds harsh but I can’t see myself going back until the club is open.
Whomever was guiding the club when they signed the initial contract to sell and develop should be sued to hell for not insisting on any penalty clauses in a time frame. I've been on sites where it's 500k to 1m per day if the works aren't completed on time, trust me that gets shyte into gear.
Diabolical.