What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Early wooden spoon predictions ...

Raider_69

Post Whore
the fact penrith and the chooks are far worse will keep our noses clean this year, which will see us out of spoon contention for the next 5+ years imo.

_Johnsy

Referee
does carney have a kicking game, if so does he need instructions from henry to use it when he has a gale behind him in the 2nd half. His non-use of it is baffling, dumb, dumb football at best.

sydraider

First Grade
Im expecting Henry to drop him for bad form and promote Withers to chief playmaker.

woodgers

Bench
_Johnsy said:
does carney have a kicking game, if so does he need instructions from henry to use it when he has a gale behind him in the 2nd half. His non-use of it is baffling, dumb, dumb football at best.

Yep, should have been at 1st receiver for every kick. Can't blame anyone except our player including TC for that.

Chachi

Bench
He does tend to implode a bit under pressure. He's got just about all the tricks in the book and a decent long kicking game (including some great 40/20's so far) but sometimes he just makes bad mistakes such as kicking out on the full or just way too deep. He needs to find space more in his long kicks and get some accuracy in his bombs.

I hope the rest of 2007 is spent on him getting some combination together with whoever is going to play with him in the halves next season.

peter_raiders

Juniors
bileduct said:
... don't really seem all that unreasonable after today's effort, do they?

Yep, after a couple of losses compared to Penrith winning what, 3 of the past 13 games? Keep sending your money to the TAB, it will be in my pocket by the end of the year.

Whitty

Juniors
I have managed to catch the last few Raiders games on the teev thanks to school holidays (no ferrying kids around the countryside all weekend) If they keep playing as they are at the moment, all wooden spoon talk will be redundant in about three or four weeks time - we will have it and have no chance of getting rid of it. Withers will struggle in PL when he gets dropped back there (which he should). No talk, no ideas, no hope. Tilse stood on his line and watched one of the Drags players run straight past him to score yesterday. Wingers were sh*t, halves were sh*t, and if the forwards pack it in because an undersize red head with a big heart wasnt there, we are in trouble.

shear_joy9

Coach
You really can't pinpoint individuals for performance, the entire team was bad. It was amazing to watch a first grade team continue to fail to shut down the ball and make a tackle. Due to this the halves combination ment squat.

I'm sure Henry will give it to them in training this week.

St. Brett

Juniors
The battle for wooden spoon is a race between two only. It's no secret. Penrith and Easts are dreadful.
They'll settle it out them 2, not Canberra.
Forget yesterday's performance.

As for Todd Carney.....think he was rushed back too quick. He was even concussed in that reserve game he played before returning to first grade.
Me, I'd drop Carney and bring in both Campese and Dobson.
Those two players are solid and I think Dobson is getting a sh*tty deal with the coach not playing him.
They're more mature than Carney and take their footy more serious. (Dobson isn't that bada player really. Give him a go at least)
Carney's whole court issue may have scared him a little an he doesn't look the same confident player lately.
Footy wouldn't be on his mind with what happened.

You know what? How much of a loss is Costigan? I think without him you've lost your mongel a bit.
Tongue was missing as well, so.

Leroy Larse ain't there lately. He's a umm under-rated player.

Logan is proven. My Dad saw that burst he made yesterday and we all said, "who's he?"
f**k he's strong.

Injury has crippled you again, Canberra. I'd like to see a whole season injury free to determine the best footy club.
We're being deprived of ability through dumb injuries.

Chachi

Bench
Far out! Did Nootown lose on the weekend or something?!

**edit** yes they did.

BTW who says Columbia isn't just a street name in Ashfield? ;-)

Latest posts