What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eastwood read the riot act

salivor

First Grade
The Colonel said:
I just find it very hard to believe that a professional outfit such as the Broncos, having already been stung once with Costigan not telling them of his incident, could allow a second and third incident to pass them by as well.

If it is his first warning then all well and good. Hopefully he learns.

This is a club that supposedly didn't know it's coach had agreed to sign with the Roosters until 6 weeks after the event and when the rumours arose the CEO didn't discuss it with the coach until about half a week later so it doesn't surprise me.

salivor

First Grade
STSAE said:
Another case of Double Standards from the master??

Just like the treatment of Hodges when he signed with Easts but a different stance on Tiquri and Sailor??

Just like when you tell your CEO and club you havent spoken to another club but secretly the deals been done for weeks. But of course when you lie, then renig on a deal, you are a hero-sandwich??

I just wonder how they will blame Gould for this one??

Oh the irony............................

:D :D

And this has what to do with Bennett? If your talking out of the wrong orifice then we can overlook it as a mistake.

STSAE

Juniors
salivor said:
And this has what to do with Bennett? If your talking out of the wrong orifice then we can overlook it as a mistake.

Aah dribbler, he owns the club. Makes all the decisions.

But you know that.

Keep your hero worship.

I knew this was the response Id get, by questioning the Great Man.

Ignored then a sad attempt at sarcasm.

You are only fooling yourself.

Ignorance is bliss, enjoy it littleman.

salivor

First Grade
STSAE said:
Aah dribbler, he owns the club. Makes all the decisions.

But you know that.

Keep your hero worship.

I knew this was the response Id get, by questioning the Great Man.

Ignored then a sad attempt at sarcasm.

You are only fooling yourself.

Ignorance is bliss, enjoy it littleman.

News Ltd owns the club, Bruno Cullen is CEO. All Wayne is, is the coach who has a few shares in the club.

The only one making a fool of themselves is you. Troll on, don't let me stop the trainwreck.

STSAE

Juniors
salivor said:
News Ltd owns the club, Bruno Cullen is CEO. All Wayne is, is the coach who has a few shares in the club.

The only one making a fool of themselves is you. Troll on, don't let me stop the trainwreck.

Ignorant and delusional or are you just Lying also??

Maybe related to The Great Man??

Either way that is very funny.

Dont bother responding it will be the usual News line.

Ping................

salivor

First Grade
Yes Wayne Bennett owns the Broncos, that statement is so ludicrous it's beyond belief just like your beyond help. As I said, troll on, every forum needs a nutter, we're lucky to have 2 with you and Razor.

STSAE

Juniors
salivor said:
Yes Wayne Bennett owns the Broncos, that statement is so ludicrous it's beyond belief just like your beyond help. As I said, troll on, every forum needs a nutter, we're lucky to have 2 with you and Razor.

Geez I guess I take this as a compliment??

I ask a few questions and some little man in NZ puts me in his sig.

Im gushing now, and blushing also.

Best part is I got under your skin, put a rocket up that little hairy blurter??

Well I guess you need to have hit puberty to have a hairy one, eh??

You cant talk the talk but I guess you can dork the dork??

And for the last time little man, (Ive had my fun with you wont bother responding-last one so enjoy)

PING................................OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

salivor

First Grade
tumbleweed.jpg

I don't need to say anything, your doing an adequete job of making a fool of yourself without my help.

imasharkie

Coach
salivor said:
All we can do is take it on face value. This is the first warning that the Broncos have admitted to giving Eastwood publically while the Broncos sacked Seymour on a alleged assault case. That is the basics of what we've got to go on.

Was Seymour charged by the police?

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
So let me get this straight. He lost his licence. (not sure how... Speeding/drinking) He then drove without it once. He then drove without it again.

LMAO You can just imagine training... Greg rolls up on a bus or by foot... Hey Greg, where is your car???

"Felt like walking today"

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Thing people are ignoring is that Costigan and Seymour were both kicked out for repeated alcohol related incidents.

Eastwood was sober at least..... i dont see how the incidents are really all that similar whislt driving without a lcience is illegal i still rate it safer than driving whilst pissed

_Johnsy

Referee
What, this blatant one is not enough ?

Do you remember when two unknown clubs were "talking" to Kev WALTERS about leaving the Broncs. The broncs cried foul at every opportunity about clubs trying to sign their players from under their noses. 2 weeks later they had the audacity to parade Mundine in a Broncs jersey even though he still had months to serve on his contract.

Before that a Tallis sat out the last year of his contract after signing with the Broncs. I had a beer with him a few years ago at the Paddo. he told me that the club organised its main sponsors to pay him the equivilant of his last year.

The club made sure there was to be no other club allowed in SE QLD (not sure what year 2005 I think), via the terms signed whilst with Super league, and they still whinge over talent scouts from other clubs coming into SE QLD.

Danny BUDERUS tackle. After the Knights played manly the broncs/bennet made several comments in media saying he should be banned because he got the player in a dangerous position. They also made it abundantly clear that the safety of all players needs to be protected at all times, and a suspension should be automatic.

One week later we have the thaiday tackle :sarcasm:

Locky has made a call that if Sailor, Tiquiri and Rogers come back they should be excluded from SOO along with any other player who goes away from NRL for the money.

Yet Thorn and Carrol were still picked for SOO this year, So what is it to be Locky ??? Me thinks they like to have their cake and eat it too.

Red_Devil

Juniors
_Johnsy said:

Do you remember when two unknown clubs were "talking" to Kev WALTERS about leaving the Broncs. The broncs cried foul at every opportunity about clubs trying to sign their players from under their noses. 2 weeks later they had the audacity to parade Mundine in a Broncs jersey even though he still had months to serve on his contract.

Before that a Tallis sat out the last year of his contract after signing with the Broncs. I had a beer with him a few years ago at the Paddo. he told me that the club organised its main sponsors to pay him the equivilant of his last year.

The club made sure there was to be no other club allowed in SE QLD (not sure what year 2005 I think), via the terms signed whilst with Super league, and they still whinge over talent scouts from other clubs coming into SE QLD.

Danny BUDERUS tackle. After the Knights played manly the broncs/bennet made several comments in media saying he should be banned because he got the player in a dangerous position. They also made it abundantly clear that the safety of all players needs to be protected at all times, and a suspension should be automatic.

Locky has made a call that if Sailor, Tiquiri and Rogers come back they should be excluded from SOO along with any other player who goes away from NRL for the money.

Yet Thorn and Carrol were still picked for SOO this year, So what is it to be Locky ??? Me thinks they like to have their cake and eat it too.
Haha, wow, a whole 5 things over an entire decade! My god, why don't we just kick them out of the comp then....grow up, every club becomes involved in issues such as these over a decade of operation.

Ghoulies

Bench
_Johnsy said:
For you maybe, but I doubt it'd take much to set you off.

A lot more tact could have been shown through the Mundine fiasco; no arguments here.

Yeah, I spoke to Tallis' aunties' hairdresser the other day and she said the exact same thing.

No offense, but name dropping isn't always the best way to prove a point.

Merely ensuring the club's future - was it selfish? Yes, but hardly hypocritcal.

It's amazing how posters like yourself will acknowledge the presence of Sydney talent scouts in SEQLD, yet continue on about how the Broncos have the entire region to themselves.

Woh.... talk about clutching at straws. Firstly, Thaiday's tackle was perfectly legitimate - not even close to the degree of danger in Buderus' tackle.

Do you suggest that Bennett and co. should have demanded Thaiday be suspended immediately? Practically every coach/official associated with the NRL will say that these dangerous throws must be eliminated from our game through suspensions (I bet you could find a quote or two from Buderus/Hagan on the matter), but when it comes to their own players, they'll fight tooth and nail to have the same suspensions overthrown. The idea of a team forfeiting a key player through suspension in the week preceeding a preliminary final makes no sense whatsoever.

Thorn and Carroll have been back in the NRL for a few seasons now and qualified for Origin well before the articles creation; assuming the best of Lockyer, it could well be a case of out sight out of mind.

Besides, what on earth would be Lockyer's motivation for advocating Thorn and Carroll's participation in Origin, while demanding the exclusion of Sailor, Tuquiri and Rogers (all Queenslanders)? It's completely illogical.

Kiwi

First Grade
The Colonel said:
And the flip side of that is, as far as we know it could well be his second or third warning as well....

Since when did assumptions count for anything on these forums.

Some of you guys are assuming it's the same ect, something you'd hate to be done in relation to your clubs.

Latest posts