What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eddie and Stevo

Misty Bee

First Grade
Eddie ansd Stevo are great. Whatever they are, one thing they are not, and that's a pair of smartarses. Compared to the C9 commentary in Australia, when you regularly have Johns, Vautin and sadly Voss crapping on like amatuer comics looking to be the most noticed. And they don't crap on about their favorites, either. None of this crap about Matt Bowen being the next Clive Churchill - when his side's losing an Origin by 30 points. Eddie and Stevo give simple, clear cut and desrved praise to the likes of Lockyer, Kennedy etc.

Unlike our commentary in Oz, Eddie and Stevo are simply 2 passionate blokes at the footy. It's not a smartarse-a-thon. It's great.

sunny

lol, bartman i am literally falling all over the room laughing at that Tullett quote :D What a beauty!

ozboy

Juniors
I don't mind them actually.

The entertainment value is always first class when you listen to the guys do a GB match.

jamesgould

Juniors
You gotta love Eddie in particular, he is so enthusiastic and full at hope at the beginning of each game, and always looks totally crushed when they go back to the studio at the end of the game! The final last year, I thought he was a decent chance of jumping off a cliff in the next few days after that one!

When they have the post-match discussion, I love it how everyone else talks to Eddie, but Stevo just turns round and looks straight at the camera, it just looks funny, I don't really know why!

Personally I reckon they're great ... it could be a lot worse, if we had the New Zealand commentators - Jason Costigan and Peter Ropati doing the whole tournament!!!