What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eel and dogs fans to be seperated

gunnamatta bay

Referee
The headline screams enforced segregation but the fine print reads differently.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-and-anz-stadium/story-e6frexnr-1225777252592
Fans of Bulldogs and Eels to be in separate sections and ANZ Stadium

Source: The Daily Telegraph

PARRAMATTA and Bulldogs fans will be separated along the lines of English soccer as Sydney prepares for its blockbuster preliminary final on Friday night.

ANZ Stadium officials are expecting a crowd of 60,000, which would be a record.

The biggest semi-final crowd outside a Grand Final was set in 1963, when 57, 973 fans were on hand for a clash between Parramatta and St George at the Sydney Cricket Ground.

Adding to what will be an incredible atmosphere on Friday night, The Daily Telegraph can reveal ANZ Stadium will be divided. Bulldogs fans will be encouraged to sit at the northern end of the stadium, with Parramatta supporters taking up the southern section.

The NRL hopes splitting the fans will ensure a sea of colours meeting on halfway.

"It's fantastic that we have a local Sydney derby," NRL chief operating officer Graham Annesley said. "With a huge crowd anticipated, the stadium should be awash with blue and gold at one end and blue and white at the other.

Related Coverage
Dogs vs Eels: NRL finals battle one for the ages

"On top of what should be an outstanding game, the colour and fervour should make for a magnificent spectacle."

With a record crowd set to ignite ANZ Stadium, players are already excited.

"It will be one of the biggest semi-finals ever played," said Bulldogs halfback Brett Kimmorley. "It will be huge."

Eels forward Nathan Hindmarsh also can't wait: "It will be a massive crowd."

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
How exactly does the headline scream "enforced segregation"? :?

gunnamatta bay

Referee
How exactly does the headline scream "enforced segregation"? :?
you don't think this implies the fans will have no say?

Fans of Bulldogs and Eels to be in separate sections and ANZ Stadium followed by references to the serious problems in English soccer?

The Tank

Bench
That is gonna look awesome!!! I love it how English soccer does it like that whereby all the away supporters sit in one group - adds to the colour and atmosphere.

Timmah

Staff member

Fans of Bulldogs and Eels to be in separate sections and ANZ Stadium followed by references to the serious problems in English soccer?
Nope, I think you're reading a little too much into it :lol:... I think it's crowing about the atmosphere and how good it will be, tribalism etc.

Got my tickets on halfway :D

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Nope, I think you're reading a little too much into it :lol:... I think it's crowing about the atmosphere and how good it will be, tribalism etc.

Got my tickets on halfway :D
Why would they make reference to soccer crowds in england where riots are common between different fans?

It is misleading.

The Tank

Bench

Maybe I'm going blind, but where does it reference problems in English soccer?

Timmah

Staff member
Why would they make reference to soccer crowds in england where riots are common between different fans?

It is misleading.
They didn't mention a thing about riots. You're reading between lines that aren't there. Do we really need this sort of negativity? :lol:

Dogs Of War

Coach
Only problem is that there should have been a mixed section. I bought 3 tickets, 2 for Parra fans, who now have to sit in the Bulldogs section.

RoMo

Juniors
This article makes the error in assuming most fans of both clubs can read

If so, it's a big thumbs up to the ESL curriculum is our schools

jimmyo

Juniors

We know the score:

Fights between NRL fans = DT wins

I've been to the last 3 Eels vs Bulldogs games with no problems, I expect the same this weekend. No doubt there will be a few idiots on both sides but lets make sanity prevail.

After all, the winner of this game WILL WIN THE COMPETITION AND BRING THE PREMIERSHIP HOME TO SYDNEY!!!

SDM

First Grade
Ticketek website sucks for picking tickets. You can't choose your seats, it selects what it thinks is good.

Tell me about it, why the hell cant you bring up a map of the bay you want to sit and, and just click on seats, then confirm them to make sure 2 people cant get them at once, shouldn't be that hard.

SDM

First Grade

We know the score:

Fights between NRL fans = DT wins

I've been to the last 3 Eels vs Bulldogs games with no problems, I expect the same this weekend. No doubt there will be a few idiots on both sides but lets make sanity prevail.

After all, the winner of this game WILL WIN THE COMPETITION AND BRING THE PREMIERSHIP HOME TO SYDNEY!!!

I agree, the first time we played this year, it pissed me off that the security seemed to be unfairly targetting young male Dogs supporters, kicking them out for cheering too loud/swearing and other petty crap.

Scorpio30

Bench
Ticketek website sucks for picking tickets. You can't choose your seats, it selects what it thinks is good.

I wanted to go to a game at Suncorp...and I usually only buy Gold or Platinum or whatever.
I went on the Ticketek website and it kept giving me seats on halfway but at ground level right behind the hordings....So I would cancel it and try again but same scenario.
In the end I thought f**k this and found a direct phone number, talked to a dude who asked me where Id like to sit exactly and sorted me out.

Gaba

First Grade
the dogs fans always sniff out trouble like on here, when there are signs of trouble the dogs fans are the first ones in the thick of action

Last edited:

Latest posts