What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eel and dogs fans to be seperated

junior009

Juniors
the dogs fans always sniff out trouble like on here, when there are signs of trouble the dogs fans are the first ones in the thick of action

I've been to plenty of dogs games and never found that "stereotype" to be accurate.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Great idea, one of the big reasons why atmosphere at English games is so much better is the away fans in their own stand.

I hate online ticket ordering, always end up getting annoyed and just ringing instead!

Noa

First Grade
Be good to have at least 1 Sydney team in the final for the first time since 2005.

Hass

Juniors
If the fans are being separated someone forgot to tell me and my mates.

I'm going with four Canterbury fans. I'm not sure whether we're going to sit in the "neutral" section or the "Dogs" section. It's no different to the 2001 Grand Final. I could only get ticketes in the "Newcastle" section. I was outnumbered by about 50 to 1, but hey, that's football.

I love going to the football with mates who support the other team. It makes the whole day just that little bit more fun.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
If the fans are being separated someone forgot to tell me and my mates.

I'm going with four Canterbury fans. I'm not sure whether we're going to sit in the "neutral" section or the "Dogs" section. It's no different to the 2001 Grand Final. I could only get ticketes in the "Newcastle" section. I was outnumbered by about 50 to 1, but hey, that's football.

I love going to the football with mates who support the other team. It makes the whole day just that little bit more fun.
Article pretty clearly says encouraged, not forced.

GongPanther

Referee
This is a notice for the police.

Going by the trouble with those Dogs fans a few weeks ago in regards to that train being thrashed,I'd say it would be wise to let out the parra fans,15-20 minutes after full time before the Dogs fans are just like the authorities do in the U.K.

If you stop any potential trouble within the stadium,it will not matter as you'll certainly have a flash-point when the pent-up fans are leaving the ground.

adamkungl

Immortal
the headline does imply that this 'separation' is something newsworthy. What it fails to mention is that every single finals game has designated supporters bays.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
the headline does imply that this 'separation' is something newsworthy. What it fails to mention is that every single finals game has designated supporters bays.
Nope, this is completely different.

They have specifically split the eastern side of the stadium into two halves. This isn't just "supporter bays" - fans of each team are being encouraged to buy tickets at certain ends of the stadium.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
so just because your not on tv they dont give a toss... Do they actually ask when you ring up or on the net who you are supporting?????????

Latest posts