What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eel and dogs fans to be seperated

adamkungl

Immortal
Nope, this is completely different.

They have specifically split the eastern side of the stadium into two halves. This isn't just "supporter bays" - fans of each team are being encouraged to buy tickets at certain ends of the stadium.

meh...when the amount of supporters expected is in the 70k range, it makes sense that the designated areas will be bigger.

Noa

First Grade
I think he meant a Sydney team neutrals didn't hate!

Sort of, but more along the lines of when have those North of the harbour ever wanted to be lumped in with the great unwashed on the South side.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
so just because your not on tv they dont give a toss... Do they actually ask when you ring up or on the net who you are supporting?????????
On the net when you get to the prelim final page it says Bulldog fans click here, Eels fans click here. So, yes.

meltiger

First Grade
Actually Tim, I disagree on the topic of what the DT intended.

If you read just the headline, it is sensationalist rubbish "Fans to be seperated" - The headline should read "Fans to be encouraged to be seperated"

Once you read the body of the article, it is clear what the NRL want to do, and two ends ablaze with each teams color will be sensational.

That however is not what the DT wants you to read into the headline.

ironhorse

Juniors
Ive been to heaps of Bulldogs v Eels games ,at ANZ and Parra stadium including their last ANZ final in 07 and i've personally never had dramas as is most fans experience ....Sure theres always a few idiots as they're always well attended games but overall these matches are always awesome ,i always have lots of banter with the Eels fans i love them.. very similar to doggies fans they have to experience lots of ups and downs in their club, they also have similar honest appraisals about our clubs performances not total zealots like some clubs fans , both clubs seem to have a healthy respect for each other at the core - great Sydney traditional rivals i cant wait !

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
The headline screams enforced segregation but the fine print reads differently.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-and-anz-stadium/story-e6frexnr-1225777252592
Fans of Bulldogs and Eels to be in separate sections and ANZ Stadium

Source: The Daily Telegraph

PARRAMATTA and Bulldogs fans will be separated along the lines of English soccer as Sydney prepares for its blockbuster preliminary final on Friday night.

ANZ Stadium officials are expecting a crowd of 60,000, which would be a record.

The biggest semi-final crowd outside a Grand Final was set in 1963, when 57, 973 fans were on hand for a clash between Parramatta and St George at the Sydney Cricket Ground.

Adding to what will be an incredible atmosphere on Friday night, The Daily Telegraph can reveal ANZ Stadium will be divided. Bulldogs fans will be encouraged to sit at the northern end of the stadium, with Parramatta supporters taking up the southern section.

The NRL hopes splitting the fans will ensure a sea of colours meeting on halfway.

"It's fantastic that we have a local Sydney derby," NRL chief operating officer Graham Annesley said. "With a huge crowd anticipated, the stadium should be awash with blue and gold at one end and blue and white at the other.

Related Coverage
Dogs vs Eels: NRL finals battle one for the ages

"On top of what should be an outstanding game, the colour and fervour should make for a magnificent spectacle."

With a record crowd set to ignite ANZ Stadium, players are already excited.

"It will be one of the biggest semi-finals ever played," said Bulldogs halfback Brett Kimmorley. "It will be huge."

Eels forward Nathan Hindmarsh also can't wait: "It will be a massive crowd."

This will add even more to the occasion. I firmly believe that away fans should always have a section allocated only for them.

There is nothing quite like being packed in with nothing but your own clubs fans around you.

bobmar28

Bench
It will be an awesome sight on TV. Banners, flags, streamers.

Dogs cheerleaders on one side, Eels on the other?

Can't wait for friday.

Last edited:

Latest posts