What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eel of a time for unlucky Keating

eel4life

Juniors
At the moment, you would have to start with Robson and Morts, but KK should be the 14, he is quick, smart, and can break the line, he will fit that rotation with his brother ...

I am hearing the boys are looking really good, and they are maintaining the fitness they had last year which is a great thing ...

competition for spots is a great thing, and you need a quality 25 team effort to win ..

i just cant wait for this season to start ....

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Something interesting to trial would be

1. Mortimer
6. Hayne
7. KK
Unless you're talking about TIM Mortimer...Interesting in a 'what the f**k are they doing?' kinda way? Yes, i agree! :lol:

Eelementary

Post Whore
KK has an awesome long Kicking game, Robsons boot loves to seek out the Fullback on the Full.

But but Robson is better because he's from the country... just like Michael Lett...

Actually, just on this - seeing as Robbo cops so much criticism (some of it unwarranted imo) for his kicking game, I went back to my tapes and had a look. Here are some notes:

* Yes, he did have a tendency to find the fullback/winger on occasion.

* He put up a perfect bomb to the left wing in his "debut" for us that nearly ended up in a try - except Tautai's lack of instinct saw him knock the ball back rather than catch it and score.

* Reddy's Grand Final try was from his kick.

* His short kicking game into the grass is actually quite effective.

He has some long kicking game issues, but his bombs and chips are actually pretty good.

yy_cheng

Coach
Actually, just on this - seeing as Robbo cops so much criticism (some of it unwarranted imo) for his kicking game, I went back to my tapes and had a look. Here are some notes:

* Yes, he did have a tendency to find the fullback/winger on occasion.

* He put up a perfect bomb to the left wing in his "debut" for us that nearly ended up in a try - except Tautai's lack of instinct saw him knock the ball back rather than catch it and score.

* Reddy's Grand Final try was from his kick.

* His short kicking game into the grass is actually quite effective.

He has some long kicking game issues, but his bombs and chips are actually pretty good.

Eele,

I have a biased view on his kicking game.

Do you recall on average, how many attacking kicks (i.e. in opposition 20) does he put in and how many are successful (i.e. try or close to a try) and how many are duds each match?

Stats could convince me to change but alot of people also thinks he has a dud kicking game.

Kornstar

Coach
Unless you're talking about TIM Mortimer...Interesting in a 'what the f**k are they doing?' kinda way? Yes, i agree! :lol:

I think Mortimer has proven himself to be a first grade player and should be in our team, i was thinking of a way to accommodate him as i really would like to see the combo of Hayne and Keating given a go in a trial again as last year they looked very good together.

Latest posts