What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eela and his Hypothetical : re: Tahu

TheParraboy

Staff member
I dont know if it has been mentioned , but how uncanny were Jaime Lyons comments a few weeks back about wanting to return to the NRL and Parra in 07 if we would have him.

Maybe he knew Smithy was going to go ?

So if we lose Tahu Id say we would be chasing Lyon?? I wonder if thats how it will pan out ? probably not, but weirder things have happened

Eelementary

Post Whore
number8 said:
JT hasn't coached First Grade.

Nor had Hagan prior to his first victorious NRL season

JT hasn't won many titles.

How many does Hage have? & How many years has he got on JT to get them?

JT didn't lead us to victory in 2001.

Hages led the Knights. We all know that!

We also all know it was in his 1st Season in the NRL coaching ranks

But JT DOES have the players' respect and support.

Hagan does not

He knows, agrees with and respects Brian's current set-up at the Eels.

As he should. It's the best set up in the comp

He would be the ideal candidate.

He's got my vote

If Tahu goes because we signed Hagan, I'll be very pissed

Tahu will go if we signed Hagan. He came here to play centre & he'll go somewhere else to play centre.

My first preference is, and always ahs been, JT.

I was actually beginning to warm to the idea of Hagan at Parramatta.

But after reading that article, NO F'N WAY do I want to risk having him here.

Tahu is all class - one of my favourite footballers, even before he joined the Eels, and is an incredibly gifted athlete. I don't want to risk losing him just because a man decides he doesn't fit in at centre.

He may well decide Tahu is a good enough centre to play there at Parramatta - but it's a risk I would rather not take.

Senior players behind JT, Tahu's future with Hagan at the helm worrying him....All signs that Hagan isn't really the players' preferred option...

Eelementary

Post Whore
TheParraboy said:
I dont know if it has been mentioned , but how uncanny were Jaime Lyons comments a few weeks back about wanting to return to the NRL and Parra in 07 if we would have him.

Maybe he knew Smithy was going to go ?

So if we lose Tahu Id say we would be chasing Lyon?? I wonder if thats how it will pan out ? probably not, but weirder things have happened

I love Timana Tahu - he's an awesome athlete and a very good bloke.

But if he left and we got Lyon...Well, OK, Lyon can't compare to Tahu in terms of being a great bloke...

But in terms of ability he sure as hell can - Lyon would be a brilliant centre OR 5/8 for us...

If Tahu left and we got Lyon, I can't say that I'd cry too much...

bartman

Immortal
I think the article is just Tahu making sure everyone knows he wants to stay a centre, before any coach takes over. Putting it on the public record is a way of making sure the coach/club know the consequences, and for Timana hopefully getting an early commitment from a new coach that he would not be shifted to the wing.

Since he unsuccessfully had this discussion with Hagan at the Knights before leaving, you can almost understand his wish to try a different approach instead of waiting to discuss it again personally after the appointment.

But honestly I don't think Hagan is going to come in and make lot sof positional changes just because he can? Surely he'd base it on evidence of how people are playing. It's up to Tahu to earn that spot, and even if Lyon was to come back, I wouldn't be surprised if Jamie was considered more as a five-eighth option.

poojar

Juniors
Eelementary said:
My first preference is, and always ahs been, JT.

I was actually beginning to warm to the idea of Hagan at Parramatta.

But after reading that article, NO F'N WAY do I want to risk having him here.

Tahu is all class - one of my favourite footballers, even before he joined the Eels, and is an incredibly gifted athlete. I don't want to risk losing him just because a man decides he doesn't fit in at centre.

He may well decide Tahu is a good enough centre to play there at Parramatta - but it's a risk I would rather not take.

Senior players behind JT, Tahu's future with Hagan at the helm worrying him....All signs that Hagan isn't really the players' preferred option...

Im the same, i was starting to think that Hagan wouldnt be that bad, after hating the idea originally, but now i REALLy dont want him here.
Id hate to see JT go to another club also cause he didnt feel he was getting an opportunity in first grade.

Eelementary

Post Whore
We don't THINK he may make those sort of positional changes. But he MAY.

It's a risk - and is it worth taking?

I say no...

Eelementary

Post Whore
Well perhaps having a new Head Coach would be a good move...A new direction...

But losing Smith altogether from the club is a bad move in my view...

Oh well...

PB

Bench
I don't think the big issue is Tahu playing wing or centre. What is the concern is right now all the players will be asking Tahu "what is Hagan like?" You can bet based on what you read in this article that Tahu isn't talking him up much if at all.

Bad news. Bad, bad news.....

Eelementary

Post Whore
PB said:
I don't think the big issue is Tahu playing wing or centre. What is the concern is right now all the players will be asking Tahu "what is Hagan like?" You can bet based on what you read in this article that Tahu isn't talking him up much if at all.

Bad news. Bad, bad news.....

Good observation.

Well I think by now it's a fair point to say that the senior players don't want Hages at the club...

Latest posts