What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EELS 34 ROOSTERS 14

scottyeel

Bench
Tommy Smith said:
Trials mean absolutely nothing...and i think that whether we win them by 285785938 points or lose them by the same amount. The Raiders beating the Doggies 30-4 proves that theory so all you Eels fans should curb your enthusiasm.

Not long now till the seasons starts and you realise you dont have a halfback!
Seems now that you dont either :shock:

scottyeel

Bench
ozzie said:
ParraDaze said:
The Colonel said:
melon.... said:
If you think beating Easts with a Flegg Forward pack and a full strength Eels team, proves the eels will be a major thret then all i cn say is............................
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd be more worried about the Finch/Firman combination and your backline defense than anything else. Your young forward pack held their own and then some - they spent a long time on the Parramatta line but mistakes let them down - more often than not from the halves. More often than not the Eels were going around rather than through the middle..

While we have some ground to make up the season looks a lote rosier than seasons past.

And that is the point. First test of Roosters new 6 and 7 and it failed. Also, the backline was almost full strength. It may only be a trial but Parramatta should be pleased as we were not full strength either.

did you ever play first grade football?? anywhere?? I have and just let me tell you - your7 and 6 may as well not be on the paddock if your forwards are being rolled backwards...

with the paqk that the Roosters had in it is a miracle we held you to the score it was - 9 players out - inluding the entire backrow and one frontrower...yep take great delight in it -

The real test for us wasn't against Parawhatsthematter but will be against penrith when both sides are nearly at full strength. Oh both teams would smash you
Didnt go too well in the big test did ya. :lol:

The Colonel

Immortal
ozzie said:
did you ever play first grade football?? anywhere?? I have and just let me tell you - your7 and 6 may as well not be on the paddock if your forwards are being rolled backwards...

with the paqk that the Roosters had in it is a miracle we held you to the score it was - 9 players out - inluding the entire backrow and one frontrower...yep take great delight in it -

The real test for us wasn't against Parawhatsthematter but will be against penrith when both sides are nearly at full strength. Oh both teams would smash you

Truth of the matter was ozzie, your pack did really well and your halves didn't capitalise. And yes, I've played football and I've played in the front row at a high grade level so I have enough idea. Your young fellows lead by Rose and Shackleton took it to Parramatta and didn't take a backward step. Shame your halves didn't have the same point to prove....

Shame that your second test failed as well - Rose, Hannant and Shackleton might get more of a run. :roll: