What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EELS 34 ROOSTERS 14

melon....

Coach
Big Mick said:
Roosters where far from full strength.

The big indicator for both the Roosters and for Penrith will be next weekend, because I'm pretty sure, both will want to give their top liners a decent hit out before the season begins.
Mick I think youre spot on there. Although only a trial it will be both team's last before the seaosn, and Easts will take it a bit more seriously seeing as they are likely to line up against Penrith later in the season during the finals, unlike Parramatta.

Im sure Shamos will get a nice reception from Lewis and co too.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Of course, Melon. The result was utter proof that Parra will not make the 8!!!! In fact, I think we should just cancel rounds 1-26, and head straight to the top 8, based on trial form!!!!!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

melon....

Coach
Misty Bee said:
Of course, Melon. The result was utter proof that Parra will not make the 8!!!! In fact, I think we should just cancel rounds 1-26, and head straight to the top 8, based on trial form!!!!!!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:
Thats a great idea...I cant see how you'll get a shot otherwise... :D

The Engineers Room

First Grade
The Colonel said:
melon.... said:
If you think beating Easts with a Flegg Forward pack and a full strength Eels team, proves the eels will be a major thret then all i cn say is............................
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd be more worried about the Finch/Firman combination and your backline defense than anything else. Your young forward pack held their own and then some - they spent a long time on the Parramatta line but mistakes let them down - more often than not from the halves. More often than not the Eels were going around rather than through the middle..

While we have some ground to make up the season looks a lote rosier than seasons past.

And that is the point. First test of Roosters new 6 and 7 and it failed. Also, the backline was almost full strength. It may only be a trial but Parramatta should be pleased as we were not full strength either.

Julz

Juniors
ParraDaze said:
The Colonel said:
melon.... said:
If you think beating Easts with a Flegg Forward pack and a full strength Eels team, proves the eels will be a major thret then all i cn say is............................
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd be more worried about the Finch/Firman combination and your backline defense than anything else. Your young forward pack held their own and then some - they spent a long time on the Parramatta line but mistakes let them down - more often than not from the halves. More often than not the Eels were going around rather than through the middle..

While we have some ground to make up the season looks a lote rosier than seasons past.

And that is the point. First test of Roosters new 6 and 7 and it failed. Also, the backline was almost full strength. It may only be a trial but Parramatta should be pleased as we were not full strength either.
And that is the point. First test of Roosters new 6 and 7 and it failed. Also, the backline was almost full strength. It may only be a trial but Parramatta should be pleased as we were not full strength either
it's only a trial match who cares. it doesn't really mean anything. it just practice for them

Julz

Juniors
And that is the point. First test of Roosters new 6 and 7 and it failed. Also, the backline was almost full strength. It may only be a trial but Parramatta should be pleased as we were not full strength either
[/quote]
it's only a trial match who cares. it doesn't really mean anything. it just practice for them

melon....

Coach
ParraDaze said:
The Colonel said:
melon.... said:

Any halves combo isnt going to go to well with no go forward. When you field a reserve grade/Flegg squad against a first grade one, whos going to dominate? Dont misread the result. Im happy knowing the individual efforet of some players, like Catic who tore into the parra pack, crunching defense and a 50 metere break is the kind of thing he needed to take his game to the next level. Easts blooded a fair few kids too, all will be better for it when they are called upon. Thats what trials are for...

May I suggest Parra fans take a leaf out of Souths books? They won the shield last week and thought they were world beaters and on Friday night were smacked in Perth by the Dogs 40-16.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Funny, I get the feeling Roosters fans would have been wrapping Finch/Firman if they had won.

Srange how that happens (with all clubs btw)

Win a trial - We're going to go great this year
Lose a trial - It was just a trial it means nothing

Parramatta weren't excatly at full strength Hindmarsh didn't play

Hindmarsh not in for Parra equals Fitzgibbon, Morley, Cayless, Minichello and Wing not playing for the Roosters :)

melon....

Coach
Hurriflatch said:
Funny, I get the feeling Roosters fans would have been wrapping Finch/Firman if they had won.

Hindmarsh not in for Parra equals Fitzgibbon, Morley, Cayless, Minichello and Wing not playing for the Roosters :)
My point mate is Easts dont go to well in the trials and we go OK in the comp...Parra...Im still waiting to see you go well in the comp.

Julz

Juniors
what melon is saying is unfair but what you said about hindmarsh equals fitzy morely cayless etc is not true and you know it otherwise they would be in the top 8

Hurriflatch

Referee
melon.... said:
Hurriflatch said:

My point mate is Easts dont go to well in the trials and we go OK in the comp...Parra...Im still waiting to see you go well in the comp.

Where did that yawn emoticon go????

melon....

Coach
Hurriflatch said:
melon.... said:
Hurriflatch said:

Where did that yawn emoticon go????
Out the window with Parra's chances thus far. I hope for your sake they dont do another heartlidge.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Trials mean absolutely nothing...and i think that whether we win them by 285785938 points or lose them by the same amount. The Raiders beating the Doggies 30-4 proves that theory so all you Eels fans should curb your enthusiasm.

Not long now till the seasons starts and you realise you dont have a halfback!

ozzie

Bench
ParraDaze said:
The Colonel said:
melon.... said:

did you ever play first grade football?? anywhere?? I have and just let me tell you - your7 and 6 may as well not be on the paddock if your forwards are being rolled backwards...

with the paqk that the Roosters had in it is a miracle we held you to the score it was - 9 players out - inluding the entire backrow and one frontrower...yep take great delight in it -

The real test for us wasn't against Parawhatsthematter but will be against penrith when both sides are nearly at full strength. Oh both teams would smash you

Latest posts