What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels and Daffodil Day

fanaticeel

Juniors
Hi everyone, today is daffodil day, so give what you can. The best thing, I just bought it, is Dougal the bear and he's in BLUE N GOLD!!!

Hellsy

Immortal
I bought a bunch last night at the shops with Jess, the little girl guides were selling them

Stagger eel

Staff member
fanaticeel said:
Hi everyone, today is daffodil day, so give what you can. The best thing, I just bought it, is Dougal the bear and he's in BLUE N GOLD!!!

could you tell dummys like myself what Daffodil is in aid of???

strider

Post Whore
gee u don't know your days eela ... breast cancer is pink ribbons - daffodils is cancer in general

Stagger eel

Staff member
strider said:
gee u don't know your days eela ... breast cancer is pink ribbons - daffodils is cancer in general

nah! not really..

I do know that

red ribbon = world aids day
bandage bear = Leaukemia [sp]
Jeans for genes day = SIDS

I think that's it?

strider

Post Whore
actually SIDS is red nose day and I believe bandaged bear is just the childrens hospital in general :lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member
strider said:
actually SIDS is red nose day and I believe bandaged bear is just the childrens hospital in general :lol:

you're right...:cool:

just testing you :sarcasm:

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
fitting that i today found out that a friend of a friend of mine has terminal cancer :(

BUY UP BIG PEOPLE!

strider

Post Whore
my mum was once told she had terminal cancer ... but she's still here (she was lucky they got rid of it) ... pays to get another opinion sometimes

daffodil day is one of the days I particularly like to support - cos it seems we will all be touched by it one way or another at some point

Nickeel

Juniors
strider said:
daffodil day is one of the days I particularly like to support - cos it seems we will all be touched by it one way or another at some point

Too true, unfortunately. Absolute bastard of a thing, it is.

Nick

Tank30

Juniors
Cancer sucks...As the collectors (for daffodil day) at my work said, it may not be the worst there is but it definately makes the finals. My mother was diagnosed with vaginal cancer a few years ago and apparently they got rid of it but it is a scary thing for the people who get it and those who care about them..

This one is worth the donation...Personally I have a dougal bear and donated $20 as well...Not much but all I had..

Get the hands in the pockets folks..

crusader-eel

Juniors
My friend's son got cancer in his mouth when he was only 11 yrs old. A number of operations later, having removed half his upper jaw, he's ok now. Still needs more work as his face matures.

Unfortunately, my friend was diagnosed with motor neurone disease and she unfortunately passed away a couple of years ago, only 5 months after diagnosis. I genuinely believe the stress of her son's cancer triggered it. So all and any research can only be good

Utey

Coach
I bought some daffodils for my Grandma, then she squeezed my cheeks and kissed me. Well worth it!

Parra Guru

Coach
Sure does Tank.

I lost my Grandmother a month ago to bone cancer. She was 67 and had survived 2 bouts of Breast Cancer.

Get behind it guys, it's such a great cause.

Latest posts