What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels attack after ten rounds

Gronk

Staff member
scanners-head.gif

emjaycee

Coach
Interestingly in the press conference yesterday, BA made mention of our starts and how we need to make sure we dont let the opposition score early, so I had a quick look at points flow in our games this year.

In our 4 losses this year, the other team has scored first and in only 2 of our 6 wins has this happened. The 2 times it happened where we won were against Storm and Panthers however, in both games we scored next and within 10 mins of their try. So in neither game did we let them get more than a single try lead on us and in both games they were the last try scorers in regulation time.

Both games were also even at half-time. We also haven't lost this year when leading at half-time and haven't won when behind at half-time.

Not sure what, if any conclusion to be drawn from this analysis but interesting nonetheless.

hindy111

Post Whore
Interestingly in the press conference yesterday, BA made mention of our starts and how we need to make sure we dont let the opposition score early, so I had a quick look at points flow in our games this year.

In our 4 losses this year, the other team has scored first and in only 2 of our 6 wins has this happened. The 2 times it happened where we won were against Storm and Panthers however, in both games we scored next and within 10 mins of their try. So in neither game did we let them get more than a single try lead on us and in both games they were the last try scorers in regulation time.

Both games were also even at half-time. We also haven't lost this year when leading at half-time and haven't won when behind at half-time.

Not sure what, if any conclusion to be drawn from this analysis but interesting nonetheless.

We have had one shocking game. Cowboys.
Could be undefeated in all the others. But then Storm and Penrith and even the Titans twice could of beaten us. We are going ok but need work.
A bit of tweaking and some guys to come back and we might be flying.

I'd still prefer once Marata is back a bench of

Papali'i, Brown,Cartwright,Kafusi......

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Don’t disagree about being better in the opposition 20. Would turn us from a very good attacking team into a great one.

However, our current attack would be more than sufficient if we could get our defence sorted. Letting in far too many soft tries this year.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Don’t disagree about being better in the opposition 20. Would turn us from a very good attacking team into a great one.

However, our current attack would be more than sufficient if we could get our defence sorted. Letting in far too many soft tries this year.

Which I can't understand - we defended very well last year.

Perhaps it's due to our backline woes - maybe getting Blake, Sivo, etc. back in the side will see our defence improve, as teams will not find it as easy to go around us?

I don't know.

yy_cheng

Coach
Which I can't understand - we defended very well last year.

Perhaps it's due to our backline woes - maybe getting Blake, Sivo, etc. back in the side will see our defence improve, as teams will not find it as easy to go around us?

I don't know.
its actually simple. Mentality and desire.

Penrith's line speed is always up there.

We can do it but not every game

Nrown used to set our linespeed and so did Stoney

Nrown goes MIA now.

Also our offloading tires the opposition. I don;t think we offloaded at all until Matto came on.

I get that you need to bash and charge and earn the right to offload but against a defense who is always offside, the offloads tires them out.

Then there are more holes for our attack.

I think we play the best when we chase the collision in attack and defense and introduce offloads. When we go wide from 1 end to the other, it is crap

Latest posts