What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels contemplating Noddy

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I wouldn't mind Kimmorley. He's a very consistent halfback and thats all the eels have been lacking. A halfback with even a shred of consistency, we don't need a premiership winning halfback, we don't need a world class halfback, we don't need an exciting new young talent playing halfback. We've always just lacked in that level of consistency in the halves and for the record, i believe Kimmorley can provide that. We already have a very balanced squad all round except out very weak halves.

Just one with a decent kicking game. We have enough players with a good runners of the ball

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
we have a decent side already we just need someone in the halves who can create pressure and failing a try get repeat sets when we are camped on the opposition's tryline
how often have we seen other teams running out to the 20 or packing a scrum when the result should have been a goal line dropout to us?

I reckon if we had a half back that knew when to get a repeat set or to run the ball on last when 20 metres out of the opositions line. And shows some leadership, we would 2 to 4 more wins this year.

parra pete

Referee
Really I think we over-reacting a little on recruitment, seriously who have we missed out on ?

We need a half, yes we may have not chased some of the less experienced ones on the market such as Beau Henry and Trent Hodkingson. While they may eventually make good players, what the eels really need is an experienced half. Everyone on the forum agrees with this. So we made a attempt potentially to sign the best half that may be on the market. Obviously it is unlikely we will not sign cornk so we are looking at our options.

Looking at our forward pack, who have we missed out on ? Aiden Toleman, as good as he may be, do we really want to spend I guess between $250,000 to $300,000 on another prop. We will have 3 great props for next year so really what we need is a cheapie type prop. Plus Mannah will be getting a upgrade

Now for back rowers, the only one we have missed out is Neville costigan - most on here agree we need a hard wide running backrower, so I don't really think Neville fits this type of player. Plus the storm have a few forwards they may be releasing. On signing LOD, it appears he wants a 4 year contract, he would be 34 at the end and he isn't that good of a player to offering that long a contract

Now for backs to replace Grothe and Inu - I don't think we have missed out on everyone there. Justin Carney has potential but I think he is now playing in the forwards and has lost some speed.

If Shackton makes a good comeback
We resign Horo
Sign two backs - I would be happy with Micheal lett, Chase stanley or the Sharks dude
Sign two Forwards - sign one of the Melbourne 2 tier forwards, maybe chase Michael Greenfield plus we have the Manu m ( can't spell his name) our forward pack will be ok
Half - sign Kimmorley
Hooker - if we sign a halfback, either Humble or Mortimer could move a bench hooker

So really we haven't missed out on much. I think we will have a decent side next year.

:shock:

Craig Johnston

First Grade
i agree i wouldn't be getting my knickers in a knot about the lack of recruitment activity, the best available talent is still yet to come. the more you tie up in cap space the less chance you have of the bigger names.

don't look at the dogs as a reference point, they had money to spend before and STILL have now.

parra pete

Referee
Yeah he would have signed a couple by now, the wrong players but at least he would have signed someone.
what about this list Pete- Ian Gatley, Brett Plowman, Tolsen Tollet, Keith Blackett, shpould i go on?

Dymock, McCracken, Raper, Pay, Ritson, Jason Smith, Morrison...should I go on...?

Last edited:

parra pete

Referee
bring back Tony Zappia...

he's the bloke that was doing the bulk of his work in the last 10 years,

Get him too then...but get someone who knows what it's all about...
(BTW I am just throwing this into the ring. There is a lot of football to be played before 2010 is finished. A losing streak can turn into a winning streak in the blink of an eye..)
I am confident the Eels will still be contenders this year...

lingard

Coach
I`d be very happy with signing Kimmorley - so long as it`s only for one year AND we have a PLAN for signing a good quality long-term half-back in 2012. Otherwise it`s just what Parramatta have always done. We signed Jason Taylor for one year in 2001 and went really well, but what was the plan after that? I don`t think there was one.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Get him too then...but get someone who knows what it's all about...
(BTW I am just throwing this into the ring. There is a lot of football to be played before 2010 is finished. A losing streak can turn into a winning streak in the blink of an eye..)
I am confident the Eels will still be contenders this year...

pedro, when all is said and done, I always look forward to the next game no matter what happens in the last game...I'll never be able to shake that addiction.

Eels Dude

Coach
I`d be very happy with signing Kimmorley - so long as it`s only for one year AND we have a PLAN for signing a good quality long-term half-back in 2012. Otherwise it`s just what Parramatta have always done. We signed Jason Taylor for one year in 2001 and went really well, but what was the plan after that? I don`t think there was one.

Groom PJ Marsh for the future role... part of the reason we signed Taylor in the process. But we screwed up contract negotiations and he went to the Warriors so we were forced to make a last minute purchase of that wonderful playmaker Andrew McFadden.

Avenger

Immortal
Groom PJ Marsh for the future role... part of the reason we signed Taylor in the process. But we screwed up contract negotiations and he went to the Warriors so we were forced to make a last minute purchase of that wonderful playmaker Andrew McFadden.

PJ Marsh was no playmaker either. He went to the Warriors as an explosive dummy half runner and later represented QLD at hooker.

McFadden however was useless. Smithy saw this and pissed him off after just one season.

spartan2153

Juniors
If we have kimmorly playing h/b instead of that imposter mortiumer. We are in the top 4 simple as that.

throw in wallace from brisbane.
cronk
prince
walsh from penrith
pearce
even south sydneys halfback

we just have that useless hack trying to play there.

Mortimer less headlines & more freakin learning to read a bloody game