What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Contract Statuses (Statusii?)

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
As always, correct me if I'm wrong...

Dunno

Mataka
Sio

Off Contract 2012

Atkins
Burt
Hindmarsh
Maitua
McGuire
Moimoi
Paulo
Penese
Poore
Shackleton
Smith (Ben)
Smith (Nathan)

Off Contract 2013

Allgood
Barba
Brien
Horo
Keating
Lasalo
Loko
Morgan
Mortimer
Mullaney
O'Hanlon
Roberts
Tautai
Terepo
Tonga (Bill)
Tonga (Esi)

Off Contract 2014

Hayne
Mannah

Off Contract 2015

Hopoate
Sandow

Curleel

Juniors
6 years of Latin nerdishness at school suggests it is stati if you wanna do the roman thing

more seriously, we will probably try to keep Fui, Reni and Smith N if he works out, will be some serious cash to throw at one more big signing in addition to keeping our best juniors. Bring home Feliti

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
we should sign matt keating to a 3 year extension...

Your contract with this forum must be up for renegotiation?
Considering all the laughs you provide regularly on this forum your value will have gone through the roof.
Can this forum afford your retention?
Are you staying with us or moving on to greener pastures like 1iEel?

As for Poo Poo he's been offered a 2nd tier contract - unfortunately use of Latin has devalued his value further.
Not sure what we should do with him, any suggestions?

Eels Dude

Coach
Hayne probably doesn't have a clue when his contract ends. I'm pretty sure you're correct though. From what I recall he's signed until 2013 with an option in his favour for 2014.

eels_fan

First Grade
No doubt once tv rights are sorted and a post 2013 salary cap value set we'll be looking to lock Hayne down. Given our perceived willingness to spend (at least by the media) I'm gonna go out of a limb and say before the end of 2012 Hayne will sign a 3 year extension - taking him to the end of 2015 worth $1m a year (including 3rd party)

Avenger

Immortal
No player is bigger than the club but I would be devestated if Hayne left. The last one to leave too early was the great Jason Smith.

eels81236

Bench
No player is bigger than the club but I would be devestated if Hayne left. The last one to leave too early was the great Jason Smith.

Whilst at Parra, he was the one man on the planet that I would have gone "elephant in the room for". His back shed would have been torn down.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah he was my favourite player too.

Unfortunately, like all players with the skill and balls to win big games, Brian Smith couldn't get rid of him fast enough.

Avenger

Immortal
Yeah he was my favourite player too.

Unfortunately, like all players with the skill and balls to win big games, Brian Smith couldn't get rid of him fast enough.

Thats bullshit. Brian Smith had nothing to do with it. Jason Smith was on about $600K and Fitzy stated that no player was worth more than $400K. Jason Smith had to continue to support the great lifestyle that he had made for himself and left to the UK as no club could afford him. I remember one penthouse in Cronulla that he bought from Chris Anderson that he paid an absolute fortune for.

Jason Smith ! What a player ! A true superstar.

Eels Dude

Coach
Smith was different to Hayne in that we poached him to begin with. He ended up being pretty much a journeyman player playing for 4 NRL clubs and a stint overseas too.

Eels Dude

Coach
Thats bullshit. Brian Smith had nothing to do with it. Jason Smith was on about $600K and Fitzy stated that no player was worth more than $400K. Jason Smith had to continue to support the great lifestyle that he had made for himself and left to the UK as no club could afford him. I remember one penthouse in Cronulla that he bought from Chris Anderson that he paid an absolute fortune for.

Jason Smith ! What a player ! A true superstar.

The problem back then was because of the Super League war and the salary cap. You had clubs like St George Illawarra being allowed to operate at double the cap of other clubs because they agreed to merge... and then clubs like Melbourne being offered free range of all Super League contracted players without it counting towards the cap. Players at clubs not receiving discounts like ours understandingly didn't like they were getting unders compared to the money players at those rival clubs were earning.

Avenger

Immortal
The problem back then was because of the Super League war and the salary cap. You had clubs like St George Illawarra being allowed to operate at double the cap of other clubs because they agreed to merge... and then clubs like Melbourne being offered free range of all Super League contracted players without it counting towards the cap. Players at clubs not receiving discounts like ours understandingly didn't like they were getting unders compared to the money players at those rival clubs were earning.
I agree, the bubble for ARL clubs had to burst. I hate News Limited.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No doubt once tv rights are sorted and a post 2013 salary cap value set we'll be looking to lock Hayne down. Given our perceived willingness to spend (at least by the media) I'm gonna go out of a limb and say before the end of 2012 Hayne will sign a 3 year extension - taking him to the end of 2015 worth $1m a year (including 3rd party)

Pretty good prediction. Out by a couple of months but the money's probably spot on.

Latest posts