What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels game

St_Bondi

Juniors
So after replay after replay those idiots yesterday still couldn’t tell whether it was a strip or loose carry. I say bullshit they just made it look like they were trying to dissect the incident when all along they knew it was a strip but oh no couldn’t let the dragons get to 26-10!
Annesley’s analysis was quick and precise.
And Lomax’s tackle was not a penalty.
So does anyone now not think that we were robbed cold blooded?
The worm will turn!
I bet Ziggy whatever his name is and Butler are both officiating next weekend. There are no repercussions for shit officiating.

Dragon David

First Grade
As the saying goes, no use crying over spilt milk when it has been done, it won't change the end result. We don't get anything and we stay the losers. It is a bloody shame and we all know that in the past several years many decisions have gone against us.

It is about time that the NRL and Officials give us a break and more rub of the green.

As Rocket Rod said - "the worm will turn". We hope.

2010Dragons

Bench
Where do they find these incompetent imposter referees?
twice in two weeks, the referee have blatantly ripped us of possible two wins.
Pigeon toes Butler shafted us last week as the centre referee and shafted us again this week as the blunder bunker boy. It is now offical confirmed ball was stripped from Liddle and Amones try should have been awarded.
Lomax tackle was deemed a good hard tackle… no intent to head slam.
plus the tigers got ripped off by Peter Gough again. Every blind man and his blind dog could see the raiders pass was forward but dumb ass Gough and his side line ornament touchie BOTH missed.
Are these incompetent referees blind or biased towards the top 8 teams?

True_Believer

Juniors
If we are judging our coaches on press conference alone than Carr is the best I’ve seen in all my years following Dragons.

this club is purely fodder to the NRL and we need a spokesperson that will at least try keep them honest. We’ve rightfully earns 4 comp points in the last two weeks but instead all we have gotten is the wrath of the referees and judicial system.

Sure, Carr needs to do better in other aspects of coaching but it’s A+ for passion and not backing down. Love it and glad to have him at the club. Don’t think Flanno will be one to roll over in this situation either so here is to fighting back against the regime.

Didn’t see the Tigers game but noticed their coach blowing up to. Let’s not pretend there are not double standards.
I can't see Flanno being any less passionate.

Flanno Press Conference 2017

Dragon David

First Grade
I can't see Flanno being any less passionate.

Flanno Press Conference 2017
Great blowups that's for sure and they all made sense and were warranted in my opinion. I also cannot see Flanno being less passionate than Carr. The more passionate and anger shown by our coaches the better so that the officials might have second thoughts of making the wrong decisions on our plays.

jeffdragon

Bench
Pigeon toes Butler shafted us last week as the centre referee and shafted us again this week as the blunder bunker boy. It is now offical confirmed ball was stripped from Liddle and Amones try should have been awarded.
plus the tigers got ripped off by Peter Gough again. Every blind man and his blind dog could see the raiders pass was forward but dumb ass Gough and his side line ornament touchie BOTH missed.
Both.

Trifili13

Juniors
If you are a bunker official and have multiple looks at the Gutho strip on HD screens and still think he was only making a tackle, sorry, you should sacked and never referee any level of sport. Imagine the errors that official would make if he was on the field and had to make a call in a split second?

Dragon Blood

Juniors
We are watching WWE mate, it's all rigged by the NRL to maximize the play-offs tv ratings and bums on seats at the stadiums.

Imagine the crowds and TV ratings if Saints, Tigers, Parra, Bunnies, Dogs, Manly, Newcastle, and either Rorters or Broncos were in the top 8 playoffs this year. Each game would be a sellout standing room only, with massive TV ratings...... but the NRL=WWE are too dumb and rigg games to the richest clubs because I'm pretty sure their palms are greased

Rugby League was once a sport, a great sport to play and watch under the ARL banner, but since the Super League war, it became all about the $$.

What we are watching now under the NRL banner is predetermined entertainment and not so much of a competitive sport. It has become so obvious that the modern game is just entertainment disguised as a "Sport" now under the current regime, especially during and after the Covid period.

I'm pretty much done with the sport<entertainment and I will no longer spend a cent on it.

The only game I have seen live in many years is the Saint's v's Bunnies sellout at Kogarah earlier this season and only because I had free tickets.

This backs up my second paragraph when two tribal teams play each other.

Last edited:

Victoire

Juniors
Cold comfort this. The team deserved a win. Surprised there's no mention of the second Cartwright try also which should never have been allowed due to Mitch Moses deliberate interference in the catch contest. I'm never one to blame the refs but the boys were absolutely dudded on sunday

justadragon

Bench
So just because it went up as a no try, the bunker with all his views didnt have the guts to call it a try, the ref already had several shit calls, so this one wasnt going to make any difference. The bunker is there to overule shit calls, not determine who should win the game.

TruSaint

Referee
So just because it went up as a no try, the bunker with all his views didnt have the guts to call it a try, the ref already had several shit calls, so this one wasnt going to make any difference. The bunker is there to overule shit calls, not determine who should win the game.

Yeah...

How about this. If the ref isn't confident in a decision either way, just send it up to the bunker.

If the bunker has to "search and find " a reason to overturn a decision, then its moot.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I watched my first live game on Sunday ( got free box tix) and I thought the boys played well. I was expecting a hammering to be honest but to my surprise the boys stuck solid if not for these dud calls should have won it. Even the Parra fans knew they were lucky and we were robbed the try.

Geez i Loved watching Lomax play as he is a complete contrast to Hunt. He tried is guts out and plays with so much heart. I will never understand how any Dragons supporter one can bag this guy. Him and Rava should never have been separated. They have a great connection on that side. I didn't know Ryan Couchman was making his debut, he also looks like having a great future with his brother. Saints definitely have the bones of a great side next season just like the Warriors did last year, just needed the proper coaching and a couple of good buys to make a difference which is what I am hoping to see. M Molo, Couchmans x 2, Sloan, Feagai, Lawrie, Rava etc will improve hopefully to play at their peak and make a huge difference in 2024. Lomax just needs to keep playing the way he is. I would persist with him and Rava on the right side as it is deadly. Sloan will not have to defend as much and can show his class in attack which we know he has.

In the last 20 mins. I said to my mate just watch how poor Hunt is closing off this game to get the win and watch Moses on the other side do all he can to win it. Not even a minute later, Hunt in his own half tries to run the ball, makes an error and Parra score. If that was Moses like he did when they led, he would kick deep and make them work it up. After that moment Saints were dead. In saying that Hunt set up a couple of tries with some good passes but his game management in the end was so poor it is not funny. He looks good when he has DCE, Munster, Widdop (when Hunt joined) or any other half doing that for him. Amone looks like he is lost and does not know when to chime in or not. He looks like he has the shackles most of the time. Hunt just stays on his side of the field and will wait till the last couple of tackles to set up for a kick. Moses was barking his orders from tackle one to set something up. Whether Hunt has just clocked off and is still looking to leave that makes sense but if that is how he really does play then Saints will not win a comp if he stays on I am afraid.

Last edited:

SEAT 1A

Bench
I try not to get into the "tin foil hat" business however, two stinkers in two weeks against two teams fighting it out for the semi's against us, with no chance.

More $ with teams fighting it out before the finals which will be the cream on top for the NRL against the faithful at WIN/Jub.

We have played our guts out and it's hard enough to get a win without getting shafted because we are at the wrong end of the table.