What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels have Wright role for Graham

boxhead

First Grade
Phil Graham would be a good pick-up in my opinion, would be a far better option than Wright (but sad to see him go). The article also mentions we will likely pick up Jordan Atkins as well, that would really help our depth with outside backs, plus with Sio sniffing around, Filiga, Loko etc for the future, we are more than set :)

Oh and SeftonBoy, honestly mate, we get it!

sam54no

Juniors
We can buy all the outside backs in the world...

but what's the point if no one is going to pass the ball to them.

Get a halfback FFS...anyone will be better then what we have.

oldmancraigy

Coach
We can buy all the outside backs in the world...

but what's the point if no one is going to pass the ball to them.

Get a halfback FFS...anyone will be better then what we have.

So who have we exactly signed as an outside back?

Atkins and Graham

We lost (from our top 25) Inu and Wright

So it's not like it was a BAD idea to sign some outside backs to replace the guys we just lost.

And before anyone goes on about 'promoting juniors': any juniors we have for next year are already under contract for amounts outside the top 25 - so there's no point increasing their pay - why not bring in someone else anyway? There's no restriction on playing the juniors if we prefer.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Graham is a more than handy pick up, a massive improvement on INU and Wright. Not sure what the problem with his signing is.

Agreed, but only if he gets good service from his inside backs and halves.
This is yet to be determined.

Suity

Spot again Suity.

The amount of people that have bagged Tahu this year is absurd.

The reason why Tahu was killing it in his previous years with us was because he had a half like Tim Smith who had the vision to fire out early quick balls along the backline. Same with graham and any other 3/4 that will come to our club. If we don't have decent 6 and a 7 we will still be up the creek.

One on One Graham and Tahu will get around their man but they time and space.

sam54no

Juniors
So who have we exactly signed as an outside back?

Atkins and Graham

We lost (from our top 25) Inu and Wright

So it's not like it was a BAD idea to sign some outside backs to replace the guys we just lost.

And before anyone goes on about 'promoting juniors': any juniors we have for next year are already under contract for amounts outside the top 25 - so there's no point increasing their pay - why not bring in someone else anyway? There's no restriction on playing the juniors if we prefer.

No but we were supposed to have one of the best backlines this year with
Hayne Burt Tahu Grothe Reddy Inu etc.

Not saying that we shouldn't sign these blokes, but we could have the queensland backline and still not score tries with our halves.

mrpwnd

Bench
PARRAMATTA are favoured to pick up Roosters flyer Phil Graham after losing gun centre Jono Wright to the Bulldogs.

guess which part of that first line of the article is gilding the lily somewhat...?
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!
*ahem*
What part of Wright is gun?
I thought he was just a sh*t centre from Wenty.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
Spot again Suity.

The amount of people that have bagged Tahu this year is absurd.

The reason why Tahu was killing it in his previous years with us was because he had a half like Tim Smith who had the vision to fire out early quick balls along the backline. Same with graham and any other 3/4 that will come to our club. If we don't have decent 6 and a 7 we will still be up the creek.

One on One Graham and Tahu will get around their man but they time and space.

and as badly as tahu has gone as some will lead you to believe, he has still won an origin jumper and is still in the reckoning for a kangaroo spot.

i have no doubt that the opinions of some have been influenced by the joey incident....which is irrelevant when it comes to tahu's onfield performance. (bar 1 match)

Eelementary

Post Whore
and as badly as tahu has gone as some will lead you to believe, he has still won an origin jumper and is still in the reckoning for a kangaroo spot.

i have no doubt that the opinions of some have been influenced by the joey incident....which is irrelevant when it comes to tahu's onfield performance. (bar 1 match)

Tahu started off slowly but got much better towards the end of the year IMO. He was still putting massive hits on, but he was making good ground with his running game.

Now that he's had a year of footy under his belt Timana is in for a big 2011 IMO.

Djay

Juniors
I don't see how people are going on about "how bad" Tahu was. Ok when he first came back his defense was horrible and he was decent in attack, but as the season went on he became more and more dangerous and looked dangerous every time he touched the ball especially after the second Bulldogs game.

I don't see how people are going on about "how bad" Tahu was. Ok when he first came back his defense was horrible and he was decent in attack, but as the season went on he became more and more dangerous and looked dangerous every time he touched the ball especially after the second Bulldogs game.
i agree its a bit hard to judge his attack when he is getting passes from mateo and mortimer thrown at his bootlaces, over his head or behind him

Hellsy

Immortal
Jono Wright is prob one of the best on field for Wenty every week. Anyone that says or thinks otherwise has not seen Wenty games.
So far his NRL games have been up all over the place, but he IS a gun centre.. for Wenty.
If the Dogs can get that bit more out of him that Parra have failed to be able to I am confident he will come back and haunt us... if they can't then it is neither here nor there is it?