What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Avenger

Immortal
Guth0

Also been reports of:
Moses - $800k
Ferguson - $500k
Paulo - $800k
Mannah - $500k
Moeroa - $600k
Gutherson - $500k
Brown - $600k
Lane - $400k

I suspect the Taka / Manu figures are crap!! Just like most of the above figures are !!
Bernie said the Paulo one was severely exaggerated.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Was Mau aggressive this season? I recall him out of form for the first part. He did play better just prior to his injury, but can he play at that level every week?

He is not the biggest forward either.

He was averaging 31 tackles / 111 m a game ( yes I know stats don’t mean everything). So he still contributing and probably as good as most forwards in the game.

84 Baby

Referee
Interesting Gennings got the coach’s best back award. You’d have to think he has that position locked in for next year with Fergo on the other. With Gutho being our captain, you’d have to think one of either Mennings, French or Hayne won’t be here next season as they’d all cost too much as backups.

If that’s the case, I hope Hayne is re-signed and the rumours of French to the tits are true.
Would you have Penis Torpedo as a lock as well then?

emjaycee

Coach
Was Mau aggressive this season? I recall him out of form for the first part. He did play better just prior to his injury, but can he play at that level every week?

He is not the biggest forward either.

Manu is always aggressive...
9215b26a1ca024208e1dbf61d0d1415cf669eea7

And just on his size:
Ma'u 184cm 103kgs
Alex Glenn 182cm 101kgs
Angus Crighton 187cm 102kgs
Fisher-Harris 187cm 103kg
Wade Graham 186cm 96kg
Luke Lewis 187cm 101kg
Tyson Frizell 183cm 108kg

So while there are bigger back rowers out there, there are also some that are similar or smaller that are playing finals footy this year.

Gronk

Staff member

And just on his size:
Ma'u 184cm 103kgs
Alex Glenn 182cm 101kgs
Wade Graham 186cm 96kg
Luke Lewis 187cm 101kg

So while there are bigger back rowers out there, there are also some that are similar or smaller that are playing finals footy this year.

I think he featured in the recent players poll as being a Mad Merkin.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
But he is on very big coin. That’s the issue. I even hear that Taka is on $450k next year.
Seriously WTF??
The bloke is one the worst defensive players in the comp, he wouldn’t be close to most other clubs top 17’a let alone starting sides. Further proof BA is clueless.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I’ve heard a rumour Mau is off to the Dragons next year, maybe they are happy to offer him a 3 year deal while we aren’t keen extending him??

Delboy

First Grade

And just on his size:
Ma'u 184cm 103kgs
Alex Glenn 182cm 101kgs
Wade Graham 186cm 96kg
Luke Lewis 187cm 101kg

if anyone has stood alongside Manu, those stats are exaggerated. I am 6'3' and 104 kg and spoke him at the last Captain Clubs dinner, and to be honest Manu is smaller than a lot of u15s I saw play in the Penrith Div 1 GF last week.
He plays with aggression and attitude well above his size, but no way is he more than178cm and 96kg.
Still got to love his performance, but size is an issue I believe

Gronk

Staff member
Gutho is on the NRL Podcast this week. No scoops but a good listen anyway.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Norman: I have to step up and lead this team
Author
parraeels.com.au
Timestamp
Thu 6 Sep 2018, 10:20 AM
Share on social media
The Parramatta Eels 2018 season is officially over with the Blue & Gold players beginning their season reviews before going on their off-season break ahead of the 2019 pre-season.

Speaking with Big Sports Breakfast this morning (Thursday 6 September), Blue & Gold five-eighth Corey Norman says the side has completed their reviews, looking back at the 2018 season.

“We have had reviews on Tuesday and Wednesday. We just spoke about the whole Club review, so that was brought up with everyone and then on Wednesday we did individual reviews,” Norman said.

“We have two months off so we will get back on November 1st and it’s a very early start but you have no choice when you finish last.”

Speaking about his review with Eels Head Coach Brad Arthur, Norman said the directive was clear for him, needing to step up, lead and be professional next year.

“Brad said that come next year, I really have to step up, lead and be really professional next year. I have to come with a positive mindset and really lead this team,” Norman said.

“That is what came out from it, it was a very disappointing year, obviously my football wasn’t up to standard as well, so we looked at that too and discussed how we were going to fix that.”

“I think it will be the senior boys that will have to lead,” Norman added.

“If Haynsey is still there, no doubt he will have to step up, and it will have to be the senior boys that have been around the game for a while to take next season to a different level.”

With the Eels attack struggling to click in 2018, Norman said his relationship with halfback Mitch Moses was not an issue.

“Mitch and I, we have no issues off the field and there isn’t even an issue on the field. Just sometimes things don’t work out,” Norman said.

“We are both dominant halves and playmakers and both want the ball at the same time and sometimes that doesn’t work but we have to figure something out really quick and how that is going to work.”

https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2018/09/06/norman-i-have-to-step-up-and-lead-this-team/