1. Grand Final Edition OUT NOW:

The 2020 NRL & NRLW Grand Final edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for Sunday's Grand Final Day! Also includes Super League Round 17 and 18 squads.

The Grand Final edition brings you special stories from each camp - Paul Jobber chats with Panthers legend Scott Sattler recounts his famous moment in the sides 2003 title win and looks to the current crop of Penrith players; while Rob Crosby looks at Josh Addo-Carr as he laces up for what could be his final Storm game. Rick Edgerton has a Clive Churchill Medal guide, while Joshua Wells speaks to Brisbane NRLW star Millie Boyle as the Broncos cruise toward a Women's threepeat on Sunday.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - the programme for both Grand Final Day matches along with teamlists and details for Rounds 17 and 18 of the Super League - and you have one fantastic 32-page magazine for your Grand Final reading!

EDITION 22 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Eels in the media

Discussion in 'Parramatta Eels' started by Joshuatheeel, Nov 16, 2015.

1. I'm a loser baby...

I'm a loser baby... Referee

I think we missed a trick not keeping Doorey. Imagine Salmon and Doorey together. Oh the puns we could have. Would probably drive Hindy111 mad.

IFR33K likes this.
  2. Poupou Escobar

Poupou Escobar Post Whore

3. I'm a loser baby...

Not a lot of fish puns in that lot. I guess we could still sign Dave Tailor.

4. I'm a loser baby...

And change the team song to Madonna's La Isla Bonito.

5. Poupou Escobar

Don’t forget Lachlan Maranta, Ray.

I'm a loser baby... likes this.
  6. hineyrulz

hineyrulz Post Whore

I can’t believe BA didn’t talk to Andrew Chard FFS!!

7. Gronk

Gronk Moderator Staff Member

8. Joshuatheeel

Joshuatheeel Moderator Staff Member

9. Incorrect

Incorrect First Grade

I'm seein' double here.... 4 Krusty's!!

Eelementary likes this.
  10. strider

strider Post Whore

So making more total metres can indicate we are running better but probably is more an indication we have more possession. Less penalties and errors.

I reckon the tell8ng stat is vastly more assists .... working better as a team

11. Gronk

Gronk Moderator Staff Member

We are getting penalised less, however not so much the other teams. Means that we must have good ruck speed and they are trying to slow us down. Prolly on the back of our 1, 2, 3 tackles each set.

12. I'm a loser baby...

FFS Chris Kennedy!!

13. Gazzamatta

Gazzamatta First Grade

Last week V Sharks.
    29 missed tackles
    25 ineffective tackles.
    Thats not so good.

14. Johnny88

Johnny88 Juniors

[​IMG] DAILYTELEGRAPH ›

Parramatta Eels insist player retention policy is world-class
    APRIL 12, 2019Parramatta picked the eyes out of rival clubs and codes before arriving at the retention and recruitment policy that now has some questioning whether they have lost their way.

Chair Sean McElduff spoke at length with Melbourne Storm head of football Frank Ponissi. They looked at the Sydney Swans and Richmond.

They did their homework, hence the patient approach they have taken with their players and coach Brad Arthur over the opening weeks of the NRL season.

[​IMG]
    Parramatta have controversially held off on re-signing Clint Gutherson. (AAP Image/Dan Himbrechts)

As the Eels prepare to table a new contract offer to Clint Gutherson next week — their hope that they can secure a deal with their captain leading into their first game at Bankwest Stadium — McElduff insists the club’s approach is in line with the process adopted by the best sporting clubs in the land.

“As part of the football review we looked at what everybody else did and we looked at what we did, and we thought we could improve,” McElduff said.

“The research that is going into new players is significant. No-one gets in the joint unless Brad and (head of football) Mark O’Neill (say okay).

[​IMG]
    The Eels have researched the recruitment and retention policies of Australia’s best clubs. (AAP Image/Daniel Pockett)
    “We picked the eyes out of what the best clubs do. We talked to the Storm — I talked to Frank and said tell me how you do it.

“We did have great insights into a number of AFL clubs. And we had insights into a couple of other rugby league clubs.”

The Eels’ extensive leg work hasn’t spared them from criticism, most of it has surrounded their handling of Gutherson and Arthur, the captain and coach who have been instrumental in their outstanding start to the year.

Parramatta spoke to Gutherson’s manager today and nothing would make the club happier than to make an announcement on the week they return to their home ground

“I have no concerns about what other people say,” McElduff said.

“The club is working this matter through with his manager. Sometimes people don’t agree on terms but in terms of intent, there is nothing more than we want than to have Gutho at the club.

“He is our fullback, he is our captain and what he does on the field reflects what he does off the field. I am pretty sure he wants to be at the club too.”

As for Arthur, the club has put contract talks on hold until June, although McElduff says that can and most likely will be revisited if they maintain their current form.

https://outline.com/JXqVTA

15. I'm a loser baby...

The irony is that a couple of losses would make them shut up. f**k those merkins. I hope we keep winning and they scream their tits off.

Gazzamatta likes this.
  16. Poupou Escobar

I hope we lose just to shut the f**king merkins up!

17. T.S Quint

T.S Quint Coach

I hope we draw every game so no one will know what to f**ken do.

18. TheParraboy

TheParraboy Moderator Staff Member

By my calculations that takes us to 28 competition points from now on...

T.S Quint likes this.
  19. strider

strider Post Whore

So we dont even need to win another game and we are finals bound .... good times

20. hybrideel

hybrideel Bench

Maybe we should win another game or 2 before going on the draw run, just to ensure top 4