What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Gronk

Staff member
I think the article is probably fair. I don't see the squad in it's current form as a Premiership contender, but that doesn't mean that it can't make the Top 4 either.

The premise of the article is that everyone has the Eels as red hot favourites --> The myth of the Parramatta Eels will be shot down in 2020 <-- . There are very few people who have actually stated this.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The premise of the article is that everyone has the Eels as red hot favourites --> The myth of the Parramatta Eels will be shot down in 2020 <-- . There are very few people who have actually stated this.
Yep, we are a good chance at the top 4. Hopefully I’m wrong but I don’t see us challenging for the title just yet. But this merkin has us down for the spoon.

Happy MEel

First Grade
I can’t believe that muppet thinks BankWest is somehow a disadvantage for us. What a wanker. The fact we share it with 3 other teams means we’re likely to play more games there.

Shit head of the highest order.

Last edited:

Noise

Coach
I can’t believe that muppet thinks BankWest is somehow a disadvantage for us. What a wanker. The fact we share it with 3 other teams means we’re likely to play more games there.

Shit head of the highest order.
I think (but not 100%) the bloke who wrote it is mates with these guys https://fbwat.ch/1aY1drO4emdx5g6o

Its not the tigers bloke but he is a Tigers supporter.their whole group of friends are either Parra or Tigers supporters which explains the ridiculousness of the article.

T.S Quint

Coach
Blake, RCG and Matterson are poor signings because their teams didn’t make the Finals last season.

Lol. I guess if we signed Taumololo it would be the same?

strider

Post Whore
NRL should have just run with a 4 team finals series last season cos no one was as good as 2018

Soto

Bench
Roar article was an absolute load of dribble... like most articles on the roar.
Facts are we have a better squad with the additions...quality additions.
Plus the younger blokes like mahoney, brown Nuikore and although not as young, Sivo should all be better for the experience from last year. Throw in the backups like Parry, Salmon, Kaufusi and we have quality 22+ players.
Having potentially half a dozen players pushing for origin shows we have quality all over the park.
Clearly some bitter deathrider decided to air his grievances with his attempt of journalism..
Stick that pile of gutter journalism in the locker room for extra motivation...

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

Might I say that's a big forward pack, possibly even the biggest pack in the competition. Only 3 players under 190cm? Junior, Marata and Browny?

Actually do we have the biggest team in the competition? Outside of Reed and Nrown we don't have any small players, even Moses would be around average size for a half.