What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yeah he looked like a future rep star when he started out. Big and strong with enough speed to get him through. Very good defender as well. Completely f**ked by injuries unfortunately, but he did have a pretty decent career by anyone’s standards.

Didn’t he run for the Eels board at one stage?
I think he did, not sure who he was mixed up with.

Thank f**k all that BS is behind us.

T.S Quint

Coach
I think he did, not sure who he was mixed up with.

Thank f**k all that BS is behind us.

I think he and Piggy Riddell had a run for the board at the same time. Loved those two as players but wouldn’t want them anywhere near our board.

Had a lot of ticker did Ben Smith. Liked him as a player but my god he would infuriate me at times with ill discipline and penalties... Always being pinged for stripping in the play the ball. I think he probably got unfairly targeted by refs on occasion to be honest
The refs did target him they used to ping him in his first tackle and say I told you. So they either targeted him and bullshitted or got him in the dressing rooms and told him they were gonna penalise him

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Looking at Smith articles, this came up, gee look at this side, no wonder we struggled in 2011:

Eels: 1. Luke Burt 2. Ryan Morgan 3. Justin Horo 4. Ben Smith 5. Chris Hicks 6. Jarryd Hayne 7. Casey McGuire 8. Tim Mannah 9. Matt Keating 10. Fuifui Moimoi 11. Nathan Hindmarsh 12. Taniela Lasalo 13. Reni Maitua
Interchange: 15. Shane Shackleton 16. Mitchell Allgood 17. Pat O'Hanlon 19. Justin Poore (Injury)

https://leagueunlimited.com/news/nrl-teams-hot-off-the-wire-round-59/

84 Baby

Referee
Looking at Smith articles, this came up, gee look at this side, no wonder we struggled in 2011:

Eels: 1. Luke Burt 2. Ryan Morgan 3. Justin Horo 4. Ben Smith 5. Chris Hicks 6. Jarryd Hayne 7. Casey McGuire 8. Tim Mannah 9. Matt Keating 10. Fuifui Moimoi 11. Nathan Hindmarsh 12. Taniela Lasalo 13. Reni Maitua
Interchange: 15. Shane Shackleton 16. Mitchell Allgood 17. Pat O'Hanlon 19. Justin Poore (Injury)

https://leagueunlimited.com/news/nrl-teams-hot-off-the-wire-round-59/
Egads!