What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Incorrect

Coach
Not sure if Jai is ever going to be a Teams first choice elite half. But he could offer something from the bench. Maybe if he added 5 kg's or so he could play a bit of dummy half and cover injuries in the halves. Decent passing game and speed off the mark. Defended OK from the limited bits we saw when opposition targeted him...

Gazzamatta

Coach
Warriors join hunt for Field
Wigan Warriors have reportedly joined the race to sign Parramatta Eels utility back Jai Field.

Leeds Rhinos have been eyeing a move for the 22-year-old for some time but Wigan are now the front-runners for his signature, according to League Express.

Field joined the Eels from St George Illawarra Dragons in the off-season but has made just three appearances for the high-flying NRL side.

0_JS214621192.jpg

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/live-rugby-league-transfer-news-4431141
How good could he be if our coach prefers to play a bloke with only one leg? Besides, young Arfuz will be ready soon.

Gronk

Staff member
Just in case anyone had forgot, Hindmarsh reminds the world he had a losers mentality, dragged his team mates confidence down and was the worst appointment to captain ever, like promoting a fat dead-shit because he has worked here the longest.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...m/news-story/dbd3f6a2f4aec80e0e1d31971e3f86dc
Or he was short on big speeches but lead by example displaying effort. IMO a shit captain was Darrius Boyd. Not Hindmarsh who was the guy making 50 tackles, charging down kicks and the only motherf**ker chasing those runaway wingers.

SDM

First Grade
Or he was short on big speeches but lead by example displaying effort. IMO a shit captain was Darrius Boyd. Not Hindmarsh who was the guy making 50 tackles, charging down kicks and the only motherf**ker chasing those runaway wingers.

He was big on speeches to the media about how he was carrying the team and his younger team mates didn't train hard enough.

Gronk

Staff member
He was big on speeches to the media about how he was carrying the team and his younger team mates didn't train hard enough.

He certainly said that about Jarryd Hayne. Was he wrong ?

Gronk

Staff member
The Warriors are waiting to find out whether Parramatta loan duo Daniel Alvaro and George Jennings will remain in camp with the squad after Sunday's clash with the Bulldogs.

Alvaro and Jennings joined the Warriors on a four-week loan deal last month but that agreement could be extended should the Eels grant the pair further time to stay with the squad.

The Eels are the most injury-free club in the Telstra Premiership following Thursday night's win over the Storm.

However, it's a different story for the Warriors, who remain stretched with player availability due to injuries and players returning to New Zealand throughout the season.

Speaking to media on Thursday, Jennings was uncertain where his immediate future lies.

"All I know is that I was told I'd be on a four-week loan and I haven't heard too much about whether I'm staying or not," Jennings said.

"So I'm assuming after this week I'll be going back to Parramatta."

Jennings remained open to the idea of staying at the Warriors if he wasn't going to be required by Brad Arthur leading into the finals.

The Eels also play the Warriors in round 17, which will almost certainly see both he and Alvaro miss the clash unless they're lining up in blue and gold.

"I'm really enjoying it here and just playing every week," Jennings said.

"Obviously, I'd like to continue playing, but I think that decision isn’t up to me. I'll do whatever both clubs want."

The latest follows confirmation Panthers prop Jack Hetherington will leave the Warriors camp after a training session on Friday following a six-game stint.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/08/21/warriors-wait-on-possible-loan-extensions-for-alvaro-jennings/

84 Baby

Referee
The Daily Telegraph

Also The Daily Telegraph

Both the Scum ones last night looked worse than the one they have the pic for Lowe. None of them looked anywhere near as bad as the one Scum are doing in the other pic. But anyway I’m sure Lowe is just doubling down on his milking

Incorrect

Coach
The Daily Telegraph

Also The Daily Telegraph

So Ethan Lowe is the "human face" of why crusher tackles must be outlawed... Am I to take it there are other species that have suffered from crusher tackles out there in the animal kingdom??

Incorrect

Coach
Both the Scum ones last night looked worse than the one they have the pic for Lowe. None of them looked anywhere near as bad as the one Scum are doing in the other pic. But anyway I’m sure Lowe is just doubling down on his milking
The one Will Chambers did on Hayne a couple of years back was just f**king awful. Luckily no lasting damage done.

All these merkins doing them need to go and visit that young fella who is now quadriplegic after he fell foul of one a year or so ago. Like the spear tackle it needs to be obliterated from the game ASAP

Gronk

Staff member
RUGBY LEAGUE
NRL 2020: NZ Warriors loanees Daniel Alvaro, George Jennings returning to Parramatta Eels

NZ Warriors loan players Goerge Jennings and Daniel Alvaro will reportedly both return to the Parramatta Eels, after Sunday's game against the Canterbury Bulldogs.

Their four-week term is scheduled to end this weekend, and recruitment manager Peter O'Sullivan tells Stuff that they'll head back to the Eels to be part of their playoffs push.

"We'd really like to keep them in a perfect world, but Parramatta are preparing for their run into the semis," O'Sullivan tells Stuff.

"So they'll be wanting them to get back and there are contracts and a lot of other factors that go into it.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/spor...ge-jennings-returning-to-parramatta-eels.html

Gazzamatta

Coach
Gennings has been ok for them but Polar hasn't contributed much. I wonder who's decision it was. Eels or Worriers?
When asked, BA said it was Markey Os decision if they stay or come home.

Gronk

Staff member
Gennings has been ok for them but Polar hasn't contributed much. I wonder who's decision it was. Eels or Worriers?
When asked, BA said it was Markey Os decision if they stay or come home.
To be fair, there are teams that are out of the running for the 8 who should put their hands up and share the load.

Noise

Coach
To be fair, there are teams that are out of the running for the 8 who should put their hands up and share the load.
Didn’t only 4 players go home? There are a stack of teams with more players than that injured.