What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

I’d argue that is to be expected as we care far more about our club’s results than those in the general NRL forum. I think people are particularly disappointed as they showed so much promise at the start of the year and have been steadily declining to the point where our recent form has us the worst attacking side in the comp.
And obviously if we'd been poor at the start of the year but were now going great guns then the mood of the fans would be much better. So the argument that we're top four or five so we can't complain doesn't wash.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And obviously if we'd been poor at the start of the year but were now going great guns then the mood of the fans would be much better. So the argument that we're top four or five so we can't complain doesn't wash.
The argument is that you should know what you're complaining about and why.

Since the start of the year when we were performing better, something has obviously changed. Merkins should be trying to understand what that is exactly. A few things might've changed but one thing that hasn't is the coach. So what else could it be?

84 Baby

Referee

Since the start of the year when we were performing better, something has obviously changed. Merkins should be trying to understand what that is exactly. A few things might've changed but one thing that hasn't is the coach. So what else could it be?
He’s lost more hair?

The sample size? I don't have any hard opinion on what it is but I don't believe that if our form had been reversed then we'd have the same people currently saying we're top four, relax, telling those who aree optimistic that they're overrating us.

84 Baby

Referee
The sample size? I don't have any hard opinion on what it is but I don't believe that if our form had been reversed then we'd have the same people currently saying we're top four, relax, telling those who aree optimistic that they're overrating us.
Would those less optimistic people be whining as much if we went from 0-4 or whatever to top 4?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well I would be, based on our points differential.