What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And if there is no progress, like never making it past week 2 of the finals?
Without the injuries out wide I reckon we would've been 50-50 against Souths, and I reckon if we switched coaches the odds would've been no different. Blaming the coach is a good way to stick our head in the sand about why we're not as strong as the richer clubs. Like Sarantinos said “We’ve made good progress in the last two years but in every area of our club we want to improve. That’s front office, football department, elite pathways, everything."

The club is building. Results in any given game are influenced by luck, so complaining about results in a handful of games against better rosters shouldn't lead to calls for a scapegoat.

Noise

Coach
As long as the football department runs smoothly and elite pathways brings us Harold Matt’s trophies it doesn’t matter if first grade can’t make it past the second week of the finals.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The point is we probably have the best coach we can attract to the club given our strength in other areas. So it's those other areas that need to be strengthened before making decisions about the quality of the coach. I believe we are overachieving during the regular season, which is why we are drawing strong opponents in the finals. If we finished 5th-8th we would be a good chance of winning in week one, like in 2019.

So how can we get a roster that competes with star-studded clubs like Melbourne and Souths? We need to develop first graders and bring them into a strong squad, and we need to attract TPA providers.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
As long as the football department runs smoothly and elite pathways brings us Harold Matt’s trophies it doesn’t matter if first grade can’t make it past the second week of the finals.
Well said, Noiseyrulz. If you can't fault the logic just go with hyperbole.

Noise

Coach
The point is we probably have the best coach we can attract to the club given our strength in other areas. So it's those other areas that need to be strengthened before making decisions about the quality of the coach. I believe we are overachieving during the regular season, which is why we are drawing strong opponents in the finals. If we finished 5th-8th we would be a good chance of winning in week one, like in 2019.
I hate to break it to you but you are always going to draw tough opponents in the finals. And getting past week 2 of the finals is what will see progress, not week 1.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

So how can we get a roster that competes with star-studded clubs like Melbourne and Souths? We need to develop first graders and bring them into a strong squad, and we need to attract TPA providers.
If we don't improve this year I think he is gone. Not because I'm convinced someone else (that's available) can do a better job, but because we'll need to be seen to be 'doing something' to improve. Easier to sack a coach than it is to address all the real reasons.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I hate to break it to you but you are always going to draw tough opponents in the finals. And getting past week 2 of the finals is what will see progress, not week 1.
Yep, so we need a better team. Until that happens I don't think a better coach will make a difference. In fact, until we get a better team no coach better than Brad Arthur will want to come to our club.

T.S Quint

Coach
Chiefy’s Thought Process - Part 1

Oh shit I’ve f**ked up the quotes again. What am I going to do?

I know, why don’t I overcompensate by leaving it as a steaming pile of shit but inserting for quotation marks either side...

F**king genius.

Is there a Part 2?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Winning Harold Matt’s and the off SG ball comp is where it’s at, If you want more than that you aren’t a true fan and should go support another club........

Latest posts