What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Sterlo rates everyone at Parra highly.
And whilst he’s in media that’s what we want him to do
Do we really???

some negative criticism from a respected legend like Sterling isn’t a bad thing. Unlike the yearly whinges from Pricey or Bert.

Gronk

Staff member
Brad Arthur

It’s a tough school when you’ve finished 4th, 16th, 5th and 3rd in the last four years, but still don’t get any job security. The Eels want to win a comp, not just make the finals and then bomb out.

Sounds ridiculous but he almost needs to make the grand final to be assured of continuing.

Considering his roster compared to the Roosters, Storm, Souths and the Raiders, it’s crazy for the board and management to have such high expectations.

Shane Flanagan

Read the above …

There is already talk Flanagan could be the man to take over at the Eels.

There are few in the game as capable as Flanagan at rebuilding from ground zero. Example. Peptides to a premiership at the Sharks.

He has learnt from past mistakes and will pick up another head coaching role for sure.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...n/news-story/bf18fc7abc5895480f722bb39c75db46

Assume ^^^^ same

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Do we really???

some negative criticism from a respected legend like Sterling isn’t a bad thing. Unlike the yearly whinges from Pricey or Bert.
He’s always been fair with Parra. Criticises things that aren’t great and praises us when it’s warranted.

Doesn’t shit out his intestines in anger or cream his jeans in excitement - keeps it balanced and free of bodily fluid.

chiefy1

Juniors
"""Doesn’t shit out his intestines in anger or cream his jeans in excitement - keeps it balanced and free of bodily fluid.[/QUOTE]"""

Unlike yourself......

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Chiefy’s Thought Process - Part 1

Oh shit I’ve f**ked up the quotes again. What am I going to do?

I know, why don’t I overcompensate by leaving it as a steaming pile of shit but inserting for quotation marks either side...

F**king genius.

chiefy1

Juniors
Chiefy’s Thought Process - Part 1

Oh shit I’ve f**ked up the quotes again. What am I going to do?

I know, why don’t I overcompensate by leaving it as a steaming pile of shit but inserting for quotation marks either side...

F**king genius.

Lol. Are you chucking tantrums again ?

Last edited:

eels_fan

First Grade
The Parramatta Eels have shot down the hottest rumour in the game — that comeback coach Shane Flanagan has been secretly sounded out to replace Brad Arthur.

Despite making the NRL finals for three of the last four years, finishing in the top four last season and having a two-year contract, there has been constant speculation regarding Arthur’s future.

This is why Eels chief executive Jim Sarantinos picked up his mobile phone on Monday to call The Daily Telegraph and explain the situation.

“I’ve spoken to no other coach,” he said. “Our chairman has spoken to no other coach. There has been no consideration or discussion about anyone else.”

The Eels bombed out in the finals last year, losing to Melbourne 36-24 and then South Sydney 38-24.

Conceding 74 points in the two finals sparked the speculation around Arthur and the Flanagan rumour that has swept rugby league circles throughout the off-season.

“We’ve made good progress in the last two years but in every area of our club we want to improve,” said Sarantinos, whose Eels made back-to-back finals series last season for the first time since 2007.

“That’s front office, football department, elite pathways, everything.

“The last couple of years we’ve got to the second week of the finals but we’d like to do better this year. No-one more so than Brad and the players. They are burning for finals success.”

In fairness to Arthur, he lost wingers Maika Sivo and Blake Ferguson with injuries and centre Michael Jennings, who was withdrawn from the Souths game on the morning of the final after testing positive for banned substances Ligandrol and Ibutamoren.

Losing the three gamebreakers obviously contributed to his disappointing finals campaign.

The Eels boss insists no target has been set for Arthur to survive.

“If we get to a grand final or win a premiership that’s terrific but Brad’s future is not hanging on it,” he said.

“I can guarantee there is no benchmark level on the competition ladder in relation to Brad’s future.

“We’re fully invested in Brad. We’d like him to be here well beyond the next two years. If there’s progress, you back your people.

“It’s the same with any job, not just in rugby league.

“We’re doing everything we can to support Brad, his staff and the players to achieve the best possible outcomes.”

Sarantinos is also backing the player under as much pressure as the coach – much maligned halfback Mitchell Moses, who is off contract at the end of the season.

“He’s fresh and he’s had a great off-season,” Sarantinos said.

“Having another year in combination with Reed (Mahoney), Dylan (Brown) and Gutho (Clint Gutherson) will help. We think Mitchell will have a great year.”

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...h/news-story/7cda01d3327ec7729e69a31a251fee22