What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

eels_fan

First Grade
The Broncos are in high negotiations with Parramatta halfback Mitchell Moses.

Moses is on $880,000 a season at Parramatta and has until round 10 to tell the Eels whether he feels inclined to activate the final season in his deal or whether the Eels should join the unemployment line where the Broncos stood, hoping for a halfback.

The Broncos are currently at $1 million for Moses, but that might climb.

Moses has, so far, shown no real inclination that the extra freight is enough to tempt him to Brisbane given that once he arrives a whole avalanche of expectation will be lumped on his shoulders.

He can read and hear as well as anybody and has read and heard everything that was said about Ben Hunt when he arrived at St George Illawarra and many expected him to lift them immediately into premiership contenders.

Basically, the Broncos hope to take the money dedicated for Lodge and give it to Moses.

If not Moses, the Broncos are looking at Adam Reynolds and hoping to get Daly Cherry-Evans interested in a Brisbane lifestyle even though he has a long-term deal at Manly.

The quicker Donaghy can get his feet under the desk the better.

Moses is expected to remain at Parra and Reynolds is increasingly likely to head to Cronulla, while Cherry-Evans is more than content at Manly but salary cap issues remain the hope for the Broncos.

After that, pickings are slim

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...f/news-story/c959f61325e58bb2e3f01c3ef57cd878

Gronk

Staff member
I think Mitch can see they are a train wreck, sucks to be Broncos

My how the wheels have turned.
We were there not too long ago. Stability and making good recruiting choices are gold. It also cannot be underestimated how BA kept the side on track (ok not 2018) since the 2016 shit storm.

In fact since our wooden spoon, we have had 52 consecutive regular season games from inside the Top 8.

Interestingly, our wooden spoon coincided with a certain NFL player's return from the Gold Coast. :eek: Before his return we finished top 4 in 2017.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Interestingly, our wooden spoon coincided with a certain NFL player's return from the Gold Coast. :eek: Before his return we finished top 4 in 2017.
He who shall not be named was a different player after USA. God know what happened to him.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I might be in the minority but I reckon he should have known better. Why did it get filmed? Because they knew it was happening. Discression is the name of the game and I don't think either showed any. Maybe the $5k will educate him a bit although he does come across as being quite immature. $650k per year is a lot for a 20 year old with not much to do in a day.
Old man rant over.