What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Kornstar

Coach
Im a bit torn on Fergo.
He is clearly not what he was 2 yrs ago, though i think he puts in effort and isnt shirking.

I suspect he is quite frustrated. And i dont think playing outside waqa has helped in attack. How many times does waqa step back infield ffs? Often he would be better to use his winger.

But Fergo seems lost out wide in defense. Unable to make any decisions other than rush. I get its not all him and inside makes mistakes, but fergo is still not getting it right too often.

You look at guys like the Morris bros. Aging, body not what it was. But they make good decisions most the time.

My opinion on Fergo is that he has been playing with some injury since last year and he just can't get it right, i think his body is failing him, not his effort as i think that is still pretty high.

Will be interesting to see if he gets another gig somewhere as a regular starter. He may be signed that way but more than likely won't stay that way.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
where are the 2 less shitty ones now?
Northern England:

Gronk

Staff member
Bevan French tore his hamstring so bad that he needed surgery. Out for the season. He had an option in his favour for next season and has exercised it.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The specific goals must include getting paid a lot of money to rehab his injury. Can't say I wouldn't do the same, even if I had shit going on in Australia that concerned me more.

roofromoz

First Grade
Bloody paywalled

Fox Sports posted an article almost quoting the SMH article word for word:

From a Panthers perspective, I am obviously glad that we survived the cut to stand alone, but was also in a way resigned to the fact that this would be a reality. I would have supported the said venture probably with as much as passion as a standalone Penrith team. Living in Wenty at the time I also would have loved having more matches closer to home rather than going out to Penrith.