What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Gronk

Staff member
Daily telegraph NRL podcast suggests Moses doesn’t get on with Fergo which may be part of the reason for him not being picked. Also Blake apparently doesn’t get on with him

Buzz talks some crap about Fergo killing it in NSW cup / should be picked. And BA should give reason for Fergo not being picked.
LOL at Buzz thinking that BA has to tell the press whats going on with Fergo. BA will simply say that he's given Fergo some things to work on. Next !

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You could never question his commitment or effort, even last year I thought he was poorly used with lack of quality ball but I think his body is letting him down more than anything.

Gronk

Staff member
Looks like his time his up. Thanks for your efforts Fergo. You looked lost in defence at times but I never questioned your commitment to the team.
I reckon his effort in reggies last week sealed the deal. There was a flat/forward pass by the Wests centres which gave them an overlap. Fergo put his arms up in protest and stayed on the half way line with hands on hips whilst Wests ran 50m for a try. I think @Gazzamatta has raised this before.

TheRam

Coach
I'd like to see him in some space though, he always seems to be right on the sideline and having to step inside all the time.

He makes 200 metres a game in NSW Cup but not so much in the NRL

I think we need to give him time to acclimatize to the NRL before we can really judge him on how he will fare in the long term. As long as he holds his own defensively and can finish off a try when on offer, then as a young first season rookie, he has done his job.

When he fills out more and become comfortable as an NRL player we will see what he can really deliver. But I think he will be a decent 1st grader without being a great one or of rep quality.

Delboy

First Grade
Buzz stated that after impressive performances in reserve grade , Fergo should be selected back in NRL. That just confirms he’s a mouthpiece as he obviously didn’t watch the games, he basically is an embarrassment in the media generally.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I reckon his effort in reggies last week sealed the deal. There was a flat/forward pass by the Wests centres which gave them an overlap. Fergo put his arms up in protest and stayed on the half way line with hands on hips whilst Wests ran 50m for a try. I think @Gazzamatta has raised this before.
I'd have pulled him off then and there.
Bad choice of words?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Buzz stated that after impressive performances in reserve grade , Fergo should be selected back in NRL. That just confirms he’s a mouthpiece as he obviously didn’t watch the games, he basically is an embarrassment in the media generally.
Buzz is an agenda driven turd, he writes whatever suits his agenda. If the Roosters had of done the same as what we have done with Fergo he would write it’s typical of a well run ruthless club and why they are always at the top.

Plus writing negative stuff about the Eels gives the drunken turd more clicks.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Buzz is an agenda driven turd, he writes whatever suits his agenda. If the Roosters had of done the same as what we have done with Fergo he would write it’s typical of a well run ruthless club and why they are always at the top.

Plus writing negative stuff about the Eels gives the drunken turd more clicks.
Like Hadley he only watches highlights. If he watched last week's 2s entirely and applauds Fergos performance he need to give up footy. Period.

Gronk

Staff member
Then he said that he had a "feeling" that he might go to rugby. As if he is not doing favours for a manager.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
The interesting part of the podcast with Buzz, he questioned the eels for dropping Fergo.

But then he goes on to talk about Fifita being dropped again and the Sharks not offering Johnston a contract. He had no issue with that or questioned the Sharks decision or expected Sharks to give a reasoning……..but hey BA needs to provide a reason on Fergo…...

Clearly using the eels as “click bait”