What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That kid on the wing in the Australian Schoolboys merit team, Dudley Dotoi, he has some serious speed and I believe the rumour is that the Tigers have just signed him to a 2 year contract.

Well there goes another speedster that we should have brought to our club. We should be signing all the best junior speedsters available at this point. We could not have enough of them. That is our greatest weakness and we should be going all out trying to address it.

And before you even start Pou...f**k off.
#BevanFrench

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
That kid on the wing in the Australian Schoolboys merit team, Dudley Dotoi, he has some serious speed and I believe the rumour is that the Tigers have just signed him to a 2 year contract.

Well there goes another speedster that we should have brought to our club. We should be signing all the best junior speedsters available at this point. We could not have enough of them. That is our greatest weakness and we should be going all out trying to address it.

And before you even start Pou...f**k off.
No. 3 in the side goes pretty good and doesn’t appear the dragons have him locked up either……

TheRam

Coach
1630714843763.png

I just look things up mate. As for that Aussie Merit team, there are a couple of unsigned players still if the above image can be trusted and up to date. Like I said before we can take Morkos off the available list because he just signed with the Raiders.

But Ryley Smith seems to be still unsigned by the Panthers and he would be an excellent understudy to Mahoney over the next 2 or 3 years. These are the types of players we should always be looking at enticing to our club. When other clubs are to slow to react or are trying to figure out their roster and manage their cap, we should always be looking to swoop.

Interesting that Jock Brazel has been listed a "none" to his name. I hope that is inaccurate.

On Ryley Smith for instance, he seems to be a great kid to have at our club.

1630715411323.png

strider

Post Whore
yeah but its not a one off .... you have to look at em over time ..... are we just judging them cos they are named an aussie schoolboy? ..... or do we know have some idea they have talent beyond that? ..... parra seems to have heaps of "aussie schoolboys" over the years that ended up mehhhh

TheRam

Coach
yeah but its not a one off .... you have to look at em over time ..... are we just judging them cos they are named an aussie schoolboy? ..... or do we know have some idea they have talent beyond that? ..... parra seems to have heaps of "aussie schoolboys" over the years that ended up mehhhh

Obviously there are no guarantees but these kids aren't being picked for the Aussie team because they have just had a one off good game. They are hopefully picked for their consistent good form and superior performances overall over hundreds of other kids in their respective positions, right?

So if you are that good, well you should be worth a gamble on I would have thought. Unless you know something that would be of hindrance to a player going further in their career. Australia's RL schoolboy teams have a great tradition of producing some of the games greatest ever players. Sure most don't make it, but that is like any junior program, but at least if a player has a tendency to make rep teams you know he couldn't be doing much more to give himself every chance of making it.

TheRam

Coach
The Raider will have some awesome speed in their team in the next few years with all the speedsters they have signed. I think they are adjusting to the new rules very well and know that speed is king in rugby league now more then ever before.

The Dragon and Sharks too. I wonder what we are planning for?

Outside of the halfback Tom Weaver (Titans contracted) this years merit squad looks devoid of the blue chip talent found in recent sides tbh

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Aussie schoolboys means f**k all. Junior Origin selection is a better (but still unreliable) predictor of NRL potential.

strider

Post Whore
The Raider will have some awesome speed in their team in the next few years with all the speedsters they have signed. I think they are adjusting to the new rules very well and know that speed is king in rugby league now more then ever before.

The Dragon and Sharks too. I wonder what we are planning for?
yeah but then some boffin in HQ will change the rules on ya ... lol