What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Delboy

First Grade
Looking even at the Broncos today, you can see the hole in our recruitment in the past 4/5 years with no real speed brought into the club. Agree with Ram, this has been a failing and with nothing appearing for next season , looks like it’s going to continue.

Just don’t have the backline player that can make a break and go 50/60 metres to score.

zuke

Juniors
Looking even at the Broncos today, you can see the hole in our recruitment in the past 4/5 years with no real speed brought into the club. Agree with Ram, this has been a failing and with nothing appearing for next season , looks like it’s going to continue.

Just don’t have the backline player that can make a break and go 50/60 metres to score.
Agreed. We are lacking pace big time

TheRam

Coach

We addressed our lack of quality size well and now have probably the most powerful pack in the comp, but in the process forgot about the other truism in league, can't beat speed.

Yeah pou, I mean fat useless forward merkins and skinny weak whippets at the back that can't tackle.

Now f**k off merkin!!!

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

we have debuted 3, 19 year old backs this year. And one has already forced himself into the top 17.

And all have only had 1 NRL off season.

that’s a pretty decent progress in 1 year….

additionally Naiduki looked to be progressing nicely.

Delboy

First Grade
have watched the 19 year olds in the junior league and they might be quick but don’t have that real speed. Look at players like Tyrell Sloan, Selwyn Cobbo, AJ. Brimson , Saab etc , all young with a top speed that threatens if they make any sort of break. That’s what is lacking, just someone who can fly 50/60 metres, don’t seem to have recruited those players, either through the juniors or NRL level.

Happy with our younger player’s coming through, just seems to be an area that has been overlooked and is getting more important

King-Gutho94

Coach
have watched the 19 year olds in the junior league and they might be quick but don’t have that real speed. Look at players like Tyrell Sloan, Selwyn Cobbo, AJ. Brimson , Saab etc , all young with a top speed that threatens if they make any sort of break. That’s what is lacking, just someone who can fly 50/60 metres, don’t seem to have recruited those players, either through the juniors or NRL level.

Happy with our younger player’s coming through, just seems to be an area that has been overlooked and is getting more important

Saab was a Merrylands junior wasnt happy at st george last year wanted to be closer to home and we didnt even approach him after telling fergo he wasnt getting another contract in November last year.

emjaycee

Coach

Agreed. We are lacking pace big time

We addressed our lack of quality size well and now have probably the most powerful pack in the comp, but in the process forgot about the other truism in league, can't beat speed.

Yeah pou, I mean fat useless forward merkins and skinny weak whippets at the back that can't tackle.

Now f**k off merkin!!!

The NRL produced a video that shows the fastest 10 players in the NRL in 2020.

PlayerClubTop Speed (km/h)
FarnworthBrisbane35.7
BrownParramatta35.7
Hamiso (The Hammer)Cowboys35.9
SammiTitans35.9
StaggsBrisbane36.0
BlakeParramatta36.1
DuftyDragons36.2
JohnstoneSouths36.9
CoatesBrisbane36.9
Ado-CarrMelbourne37.2

Source:

Gronk

Staff member
Interesting that Jock Brazel has been listed a "none" to his name. I hope that is inaccurate.
Geeze for someone who knows his juniors, you don’t know your own.

1630793760378.jpeg

MAY 19 2021 - 10:30AM

Jock Brazel was part of the winning City side​

1630793913070.png

Moree's Jock Brazel was elated to have the chance to play representative rugby league as his under 18 City side thrashed Country.
In the City versus Country fixtures at the weekend, Brazel lined up in the second row in the Brett Kimmorley-coached team who scored a big 46-6 win.

Brazel was picked in the side after impressive performances for the Parramatta Eels in the SG Ball Cup earlier this year.
Throughout the week leading up to the City-Country match, Brazel had the chance to learn and train under some superstars of rugby league.

Aside from Kimmorley, the City team had a session with NSW Blues coach Brad Fittler.
"The experience was amazing and something I will never forget, it was truly an honour to play and to learn from such talented people," Brazel said.
"I certainly learnt plenty over the camp about on and off the field.
"The experience as a whole was extremely beneficial to me as a person.
"As a player it only helps me develop my game and extend my knowledge and I can put many things learnt on that camp into all future games."
Of the win, Brazel was rapt to be part of it.
"To get the win felt amazing and to do it in front of my family and partner was a special moment I will never forget," he said.
"Very grateful to do it in front of them all as they are the people that really helped me get to where I am."
Having grown up playing representative rugby league in Group 19, for the Northern Inland Academy of Sport among other things, Brazel spent plenty of time with some of his Country opponents.
Some people made sure he didn't forget his roots.
"There's was a bit of banter but all in the spirit of the game," he said.
"It was awesome to play against some mates and good to catch up with them."

With the City-Country clash and SG Ball competitions over for now, Brazel turns his attention to schoolboy rugby league with the NSW Combined Catholic Colleges trials on Thursday and Friday.
Then he will re-commence training with Parramatta for the Jersey Flegg Cup.

Gazzamatta

Coach

Well hopefully we are providing the correct training. Speed can be taught. Get that Fabri guy on board. He did wonders with Hayne and Xerri. Oh wait!

Gazzamatta

Coach

FarnworthBrisbane35.7
BrownParramatta35.7
SammiTitans35.9
StaggsBrisbane36.0
BlakeParramatta36.1
DuftyDragons36.2
JohnstoneSouths36.9
CoatesBrisbane36.9
Ado-CarrMelbourne37.2

Source:
Ado Carr? Jnr caught him ffs.

TheRam

Coach

And it's not like there haven't been any opportunities or that it is all that hard to find kids with that sort of speed either.

TheRam

Coach

FarnworthBrisbane35.7
BrownParramatta35.7
SammiTitans35.9
StaggsBrisbane36.0
BlakeParramatta36.1
DuftyDragons36.2
JohnstoneSouths36.9
CoatesBrisbane36.9
Ado-CarrMelbourne37.2

Source:

Overall top speed isn't the only thing to look at. It's the initial first 1-5 metres that really counts when making a break. Players like Farnworth, Brown and Fergo for example have a great top speed after the 5-10 metres, but that crucial 1-5 they are just a little slower when taking off. That's why we rarely see them do what Duffty, Hammer, Johnston or Ado-Carr do.

I'm surprised that Coates is equal second fastest on that list because I keep seeing get rounded up. Maybe his initial speed is his fastest speed and then he gets slower. I will pay more attention to him next year when he play with the Storm and see what's going on there.

TheRam

Coach
Geeze for someone who knows his juniors, you don’t know your own.

View attachment 53466

MAY 19 2021 - 10:30AM

Jock Brazel was part of the winning City side​

View attachment 53467

Moree's Jock Brazel was elated to have the chance to play representative rugby league as his under 18 City side thrashed Country.
In the City versus Country fixtures at the weekend, Brazel lined up in the second row in the Brett Kimmorley-coached team who scored a big 46-6 win.

Brazel was picked in the side after impressive performances for the Parramatta Eels in the SG Ball Cup earlier this year.
Throughout the week leading up to the City-Country match, Brazel had the chance to learn and train under some superstars of rugby league.

Aside from Kimmorley, the City team had a session with NSW Blues coach Brad Fittler.
"The experience was amazing and something I will never forget, it was truly an honour to play and to learn from such talented people," Brazel said.
"I certainly learnt plenty over the camp about on and off the field.
"The experience as a whole was extremely beneficial to me as a person.
"As a player it only helps me develop my game and extend my knowledge and I can put many things learnt on that camp into all future games."
Of the win, Brazel was rapt to be part of it.
"To get the win felt amazing and to do it in front of my family and partner was a special moment I will never forget," he said.
"Very grateful to do it in front of them all as they are the people that really helped me get to where I am."
Having grown up playing representative rugby league in Group 19, for the Northern Inland Academy of Sport among other things, Brazel spent plenty of time with some of his Country opponents.
Some people made sure he didn't forget his roots.
"There's was a bit of banter but all in the spirit of the game," he said.
"It was awesome to play against some mates and good to catch up with them."

With the City-Country clash and SG Ball competitions over for now, Brazel turns his attention to schoolboy rugby league with the NSW Combined Catholic Colleges trials on Thursday and Friday.
Then he will re-commence training with Parramatta for the Jersey Flegg Cup.

Thanks I was just to lazy to check for myself. Cheers cuck.

Latest posts