What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Gronk

Staff member

OPINION​

This is the time for Arthur’s Eels to turn promise into production​

Peter FitzSimons

Peter FitzSimons

Columnist and author
August 27, 2022

Wow. Just wow.

You may recall how, after the first round this season, I said it was already over and that no-one who saw the Penrith Panthers play could doubt that they would win again, and everyone else was making up the numbers. I stand behind it, despite some recent stunning form by all of the Roosters, the Cowboys, Cronulla, Souths and the Storm on a good day.

But whoever saw Parramatta play the way they did against the Broncos on Thursday night?

Throughout coach Brad Arthur’s reign they have always looked a team of enormous potential that just couldn’t get it together when it counted – red-hot at the beginning of the season and even the middle, but no matter what Arthur did he couldn’t wake them up when September comes, let alone October.

Thursday night’s match was technically still in August, but their demolition of the Broncos with such power, precision and sheer ruthlessness, to record a 53-6 win – their fourth win in the last five matches – says that they, too, are coming to the boil when it counts.

All up? All up, I repeat, Penrith will still win the whole thing, but the NRL is in a healthy spot when all of the next five teams are in fantastic form and capable of making it to the Last Dance with them.

Incorrect

Coach
Since when di fitzsimons opinion on league matter.

If we beat melbourne 53-6 i will go wow. It was a good win but the broncos are back peddling
Hey, I'll take a column of his for once that doesn't whinge about NRL suburban stadiums or the LIV golf tour... I've been trolling him hard with my responses to his columns lately.... Lol. Nothing's getting past the mods/Fitzsimons lol!!

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

OPINION​

This is the time for Arthur’s Eels to turn promise into production​

Peter FitzSimons

Peter FitzSimons

Columnist and author
August 27, 2022

Wow. Just wow.

You may recall how, after the first round this season, I said it was already over and that no-one who saw the Penrith Panthers play could doubt that they would win again, and everyone else was making up the numbers. I stand behind it, despite some recent stunning form by all of the Roosters, the Cowboys, Cronulla, Souths and the Storm on a good day.

But whoever saw Parramatta play the way they did against the Broncos on Thursday night?

Throughout coach Brad Arthur’s reign they have always looked a team of enormous potential that just couldn’t get it together when it counted – red-hot at the beginning of the season and even the middle, but no matter what Arthur did he couldn’t wake them up when September comes, let alone October.

Thursday night’s match was technically still in August, but their demolition of the Broncos with such power, precision and sheer ruthlessness, to record a 53-6 win – their fourth win in the last five matches – says that they, too, are coming to the boil when it counts.

All up? All up, I repeat, Penrith will still win the whole thing, but the NRL is in a healthy spot when all of the next five teams are in fantastic form and capable of making it to the Last Dance with them.

His shit-stained Bandanna must have been covering his eyes in the second half. It was an OK performance against very poor opposition.

Latest posts