What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

yy_cheng

Coach
For me it depends on how the team plays footy.

For example sides like us / panthers, “props” generally take the first hit up (after the backs have done their hit ups)…..then the lock generally takes the one towards the end to “ball play” …I doubt Yeo or Matterson (Paulo generally ball plays when Matterson isn’t on) would take many on the first couple of hit ups…

there are lots of other “locks” who wouIdnt be able to play “prop” either….be interesting to see what hit up generally Cotter takes this week….hopefully it’s the first couple…or is it after JT and McLean

On Nrown, yeah he is better then Maka, but I doubt he wouId be that great taking the early prop” hit ups, of course he would be able to do it. But don’t think he would be better then Kaufusi/Marata (other props, that take early hit ups.) and it’s not the size issue, but his running style. He is best running using his leg speed when there is some room.

Additionally Papa / lane also do early set hit ups too…

Re, Maka, BA spoke about “risk assessment”, the other week…I reckon that’s the reason he is in the side. He can cover prop, lock (he ball plays in NSW cup) and edge (he spent time them earlier in the year I think covering a HIA/injury). Plus can play big minutes / defensively Strong…he gives a good coverage to cover a lot of sceranios….

thus I don’t think Nrown is completing against Maka for a spot but Kaufusi / Marata ……and they are better at the “prop” role the eels play then Nrown is…,

anyhow I am probably wrong….just my opinion on the info I have seen/read.
I reckon BA has maka there because he's reliable.

Ok Hitups, Ok defense, good stamina

yy_cheng

Coach
I would have NBrown in the side in a heartbeat. But I wouldn't have the imitation that has been plodding around all of the season or longer. We have been going well with Nuikore starting games - why cahnge and put him in the centre
It is because if Oppa is out, then it;s either

2. Simmonssen
4. Waqa

and the forward rotation stays the same

or

4. Marata
13. NRown

15. Matto

or

4. Drown
6. JA

14. Carty/NRown

If Oppa is out, there is going to be change. I prefer the middle one with the added advantages that I posted before by choosnig it

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
link to the PM's team, f**k Albo

not one Eels player in the squad.

Australia - Men's​

Listed by position

Daine Laurie (Wests Tigers)
Josh Addo-Carr (Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs)
Selwyn Cobbo (Brisbane Broncos)
Zac Lomax (St George Illawarra Dragons)
Jojo Fifita (Gold Coast Titans)
Matt Burton (Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs)
Daly Cherry-Evans (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)
Tino Fa'asuamaleaui (Gold Coast Titans)
Ben Hunt (St George Illawarra Dragons)
Thomas Flegler (Brisbane Broncos)
Nat Butcher (Sydney Roosters)
Angus Crichton (Sydney Roosters)
Josh King (Melbourne Storm)
Max King (Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs)
Beau Fermor (Gold Coast Titans)
Jake Simpkin (Wests Tigers)
Luke Garner (Wests Tigers)
Josh Curran (Warriors)
Jake Averillo (Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs)
Sam Walker (Sydney Roosters)

Coach: Mal Meninga

84 Baby

Referee
link to the PM's team, f**k Albo

not one Eels player in the squad.

Australia - Men's​

Listed by position

Daine Laurie (Wests Tigers)
Josh Addo-Carr (Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs)
Selwyn Cobbo (Brisbane Broncos)
Zac Lomax (St George Illawarra Dragons)
Jojo Fifita (Gold Coast Titans)
Matt Burton (Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs)
Daly Cherry-Evans (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)
Tino Fa'asuamaleaui (Gold Coast Titans)
Ben Hunt (St George Illawarra Dragons)
Thomas Flegler (Brisbane Broncos)
Nat Butcher (Sydney Roosters)
Angus Crichton (Sydney Roosters)
Josh King (Melbourne Storm)
Max King (Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs)
Beau Fermor (Gold Coast Titans)
Jake Simpkin (Wests Tigers)
Luke Garner (Wests Tigers)
Josh Curran (Warriors)
Jake Averillo (Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs)
Sam Walker (Sydney Roosters)

Coach: Mal Meninga
I’ll assume you were being facetious but it’s restricted to teams already eliminated

84 Baby

Referee
It is because if Oppa is out, then it;s either

2. Simmonssen
4. Waqa

and the forward rotation stays the same

or

4. Marata
13. NRown

15. Matto

or

4. Drown
6. JA

14. Carty/NRown

If Oppa is out, there is going to be change. I prefer the middle one with the added advantages that I posted before by choosnig it
I agree, with the proviso Nrown is match ready

yy_cheng

Coach
I think simonssen comes in purely on Arthurs comments the other week about having every position covered on the bench. If marata plays centre and one of our outside backs go down it would be game over
Well ba can use his trick of ja at 6 and dyl at centre.

yy_cheng

Coach
The only other option which I'd rather is niukore to centre, brown in and simonssen on the bench with ja dropped
That wont happen i reckon

Ba said that the ja has been there from the beginning of the season so hes a mainstay now.

But then ba said he wouldnt drop a player for making a mistake. Rein said but but

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I thought we were playing h8nts up to the switcheroo deadline. But now its business time
If we still want him to find a club for next year it’s probably worth keeping him out of the 17, especially if he’s become a negative influence. How good would he be these days? Her could’ve lost enough speed and fitness that he genuinely is no better than Makatoa right now.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We see if Munster goes to Dolphins. Then what happens to Dylan Brown (Storm ?), then what happens to Moses.

If we can only keep one, who do you keep ? Brown because of his age and upside ? Moses because good 7s are as rare as hens teeth ?

Also, do you set your walk away limit at $1M each ? Or do you keep going up when the shit clubs start throwing half their cap around ?
Stop aksing f**ken questions merkin! There’s a simple solution to this and that solution is to just get it done ffs!!!

Stormy36

Juniors
That wont happen i reckon

Ba said that the ja has been there from the beginning of the season so hes a mainstay now.

But then ba said he wouldnt drop a player for making a mistake. Rein said but but
You are right... It won't happen just what I think is the best option