What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

hineyrulz

Post Whore
upside down spinning GIF

You are again deflecting from providing a source for your repeated claim that NRL clubs offer player options (only to some players) for no benefit to the club.

Squirm Dr Dubrow GIF by E!

That is not what I have claimed singularly or repeated, and you know it. Your claims about player options and their supposed direct cash/cap savings have been rampant across many threads without evidence or source.

All I have done is question your claims and assertions - particularly your specific claim here that Brown would have cost us more without the option for 2026, than if it was just a straight contract to end 2025.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Squirm Dr Dubrow GIF by E!

That is not what I have claimed singularly or repeated, and you know it. Your claims about player options and their supposed direct cash/cap savings have been rampant across many threads without evidence or source.

All I have done is question your claims and assertions - particularly your specific claim here that Brown would have cost us more without the option for 2026, than if it was just a straight contract to end 2025.
Reduced contract values are the only possible reason clubs agree to them. Unless you have an alternative explanation.

Forget about the Eels for a second. You people are far too emotional to consider the club rationally. You’ve repeatedly asserted that POs are poor business. Why would ANY OTHER NRL CLUB agree to a player option?

Last edited:

EelEtric

Juniors
Reduced contract values are the only possible reason clubs agree to them. Unless you have an alternative explanation.

Forget about the Eels for a second. You people are far too emotional to consider the club rationally. You’ve repeatedly asserted that POs are poor businesses. Why would ANY OTHER NRL CLUB agree to a player option?
This is what I have been asking for 24 hours and haven't yet got answer for.
f**kers better not tell you.

EelEtric

Juniors
No you are trying to get us to believe that player options are fine for us.

Player Options are f**king stupid especially when you give them over multiple years.
No I am trying to work out why they are bad for us - I want them to be bad, I don't want them to be good.
All the smart posters on here and Paul Gallen think they are bad so I am just trying to understand why so I can fit in (and why it isnt bad when Melbourne use them but it is when we use them).

Pazza

First Grade
why it isnt bad when Melbourne use them but it is when we use them).

cause melboune only have three players on options for the 2026 season, a star player in grant, a back up in Wishart and a aging prop in welch. so a total cap value of just over a million? which is huge for them cause after this offseason its just solomona with a option in 2028.

Parramatta on the other hand have Brown, Matterson, Penisini, Lane and Sivo all on options for 2026. representing around 2.5 million or so on the cap. then in 2027 and 2028 we have moses and then again in 2029 we have dylan again if he activates his first option. there is no other team in the comp that has so much money tied up in options than the eels.

its not the options, if we only had say Brown, Russell and makatoa on options it would be a big deal. but we have a few star players year on year with options which is going to make it hard to recruit. We already got stung offering Blaize a option and its left a sour taste.

a lot of team soffer options to players, a lot of teams dont but no one in the nrl has the sheer quantity of them like the parramatta eels atm.

and ill say its interesting Lomax and Simonsons deals seem to not have options. very keen to see the Iongi deal if it happens

JokerEel

Coach
No I am trying to work out why they are bad for us - I want them to be bad, I don't want them to be good.
All the smart posters on here and Paul Gallen think they are bad so I am just trying to understand why so I can fit in (and why it isnt bad when Melbourne use them but it is when we use them).

Melbourne Up here

Eels down here

Pretty easy to figure out the difference.

Latest posts