What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels lose Inu for six weeks

TheParraboy

Staff member
We got the personel to cover

Think of it this way, come end of season Inu will be fresher :cool:

FUIFUI_MOIMOI

Juniors
Parramatta's thrilling round one escape act has been tempered by news that Kiwi star Krisnan Inu will be sidelined for six weeks with an ankle injury.
Inu will undergo surgery after twisting awkwardly late in Saturday night's 28-20 come from behind win over the Bulldogs at ANZ Stadium.
"It's bitterly disappointing to lose Krisnan this early in the season," coach Michael Hagan said.
"He's played 21 games for us since his debut and this will be his first extended break out of the game, so for it to come just when he was hitting his straps after a hard pre-season is particularly hard to take."
The Eels have a handy replacement for Sunday's clash in Auckland with the New Zealand Warriors in Test winger Jarryd Hayne.
But Inu's injury robs Eels fans of the chance to see the two young stars line-up side by side.
While Hagan was obviously devastated with Inu's prognosis his thoughts quickly turned to another Kiwi international after admitting huge Warriors winger Manu Vatuvei was likely to be targeted this weekend.
Vatuvei had a night he'd rather forget under the high ball against Melbourne on Monday night, reviving memories of his horrendous outing the last time he faced the Eels back in May last year.
That night Vatuvei dropped the ball on six occasions, the Eels scoring three tries as a direct result of his indiscretions.
Two Vatuvei fumbles led to Storm four-pointers, though the 112kg flanker redeemed himself with two tries of his own.
Hagan said his kickers would likely test Vatuvei early in the game, but stressed it was vital the Eels didn't focus on targeting him too much.
"That will be part of our plan but it's not going to be our total plan of attack," Hagan said.
"You fall in the trap if you target just one bloke but obviously it's going to be part of how we play and that's one of our strengths so we've got to play to that ... I'm sure that will get a mention in the lead-up.
"Chances are he'll improve on what he did and he'll hammer some blokes ...
"You're not sure what to expect (with him) consistently."

http://news.leaguehq.com.au/eels-lose-inu-for-six-weeks/20080318-203r.html

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I worry about our left side defence. Tautai and Reddy, I see some weaknesses. I hope Taulima can handle it.

I hope Ben Smith is ready soon, we are starting to run thin on backs if we have another injury to an outside back.

Fathead

Bench
Its sink or swim for young TT now. If you want to stay in the kitchen, you had better be able to handle the heat
I reckon he will be fine. Last week he would have been a little overwhelmed. He should settle down in the next few weeks.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I wouldnt mind seeing Hayne team with Tautai with Tautai on the wing, like they did against the Dogs (except with Inu). Ropati looked good on Monday up against Folau, I wonder how Tautai and Reddy will handle it.

parra pete

Referee
1 Eyed TEZZA said:
I worry about our left side defence. Tautai and Reddy, I see some weaknesses. I hope Taulima can handle it.

I hope Ben Smith is ready soon, we are starting to run thin on backs if we have another injury to an outside back.

Surely the loss of Krisnan Inu doesn't mean the Club is running thin on backs ALREADY.

You worry too much......The coaching staff are well prepared...Trust them...

Here is a little song I wrote
You might want to sing it note for note
Don't worry be happy
In every life we have some trouble
When you worry you make it double
Don't worry, be happy......

Ain't got no place to lay your head
Somebody came and took your bed
Don't worry, be happy
The land lord say your rent is late
He may have to litigate
Don't worry, be happy
Lood at me I am happy
Don't worry, be happy
Here I give you my phone number
When you worry call me
I make you happy
Don't worry, be happy
Ain't got no cash, ain't got no style
Ain't got not girl to make you smile
But don't worry be happy
Cause when you worry
Your face will frown
And that will bring everybody down
So don't worry, be happy (now).....

There is this little song I wrote
I hope you learn it note for note
Like good little children
Don't worry, be happy
Listen to what I say
In your life expect some trouble
But when you worry
You make it double
Don't worry, be happy......
Don't worry don't do it, be happy
Put a smile on your face
Don't bring everybody down like this
Don't worry, it will soon past
Whatever it is
Don't worry, be happy

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
parra pete said:
Surely the loss of Krisnan Inu doesn't mean the Club is running thin on backs ALREADY.

You worry too much......The coaching staff are well prepared...Trust them...

Read my last 9 words of what you quoted. Should clear things up.

Latest posts