What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 12 12.9%
  • Ryles

Votes: 24 25.8%
  • Morris

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Cheika

Votes: 22 23.7%

• Total voters
I think the safe choice would be to give Baz another year and see what he can do with a pre-season and some longer term planning under his belt.
238DA623-62A1-4EE8-99BA-874A529B3AC2.jpeg
Corporate box Leichhardt Oval Hill, gold platinum zone.

Sacking Bea was premature I thought.

Last edited:
Sorry, just wanted to check, is that the Gold or the Platinum zone at Leichhardt?
At CommBank they are different zones.
You get more trench’s and puddles in Platinum, so it must be gold

CB570A81-2559-4845-A763-E673A92F95DB.jpeg

Richo charges us extra for leeches.

Im hoping the upgrade will remove what’s left of the external seating and include more grass and shrubbery.

That’s what we like as well as $14 chips:

83500124-A468-4D29-96EA-8C67A9A483C5.jpeg
The club must think we are roosters fans or something. Whole families were sharing the one hot dog.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Hannay had 3 seasons in the qld bush football cup and missed the finals each time. If he can't get bush players up, how's he going to run a NRL club.
Hannay out !!!!!
Stuff pau pau trolly pushing boy 👦 🧌🚽
What if they were shit and he kept them off the bottom of the table?

Gazzamatta

Coach
How much is a beer
Lol. Says the bloke who gets em for free. Are you having a sly shot at me?
To be honest mate Ive not bought a beer there since the opening day V the Tigpies. A schooie of New was $5 at the club pre game last Saturday.
I noticed many drinking cans at the ground now. Wernt cans banned as they could be used as weapons?

The wealthier amongst us indulged in actual burgers:

2B79AADD-7066-4944-990B-921179D2719D.jpeg
If I’m asked to pay more than $6 for a burger in the panther player catchment (locally) someone is going to get hurt.

Bonus Hill vista:

3A06FEEA-D59D-4FAD-80EE-5C0F97E306EB.jpeg
Someone’s ended up at the wrong code. Easily done I guess.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Lol. Says the bloke who gets em for free. Are you having a sly shot at me?
To be honest mate Ive not bought a beer there since the opening day V the Tigpies. A schooie of New was $5 at the club pre game last Saturday.
I noticed many drinking cans at the ground now. Wernt cans banned as they could be used as weapons?
Nah wasn't a shot just curious.

At the SCG in the cricket your paying $10 for mid-strength out of plastic cups & Brookie Oval was $9.70 4-pine beer in there cans.

Yep cans are back at Commbank this year depending on what your drinking wasn't the case in the previous 4 years at commbank.

I was surprised as you say could be seen as a weapon but happy to drink out of a can then a plastic cup from what's on tap.

Only takes 1 idiot to ruin it again though.

King-Gutho94

Coach

Jason Demetriou and Michael Cheika out of Parramatta Eels’ head coaching race, Josh Hannay and Jason Ryles top candidates​

Josh Hannay and Jason Ryles are the frontrunners for Parramatta’s head coaching role after moving to the next stage of interviews with club heavyweights.

The battle between Jason Ryles and Josh Hannay for the Parramatta head coaching job has intensified after the pair made the final cut in the race to replace Brad Arthur.

Ryles and Hannay were widely regarded as the favourites to fight out the Eels job and nothing has changed after the interviews with the short-listed candidates, which also included former Wallabies coach Michael Cheika, ex-South Sydney mentor Jason Demetriou and interim coach Trent Barrett.

Demetriou confirmed on Monday on Triple M’s Monday Scrum that he had missed out on the final stage while it is understood Cheika has also been overlooked.

While it is unclear how many coaches are still in the mix after interviews were conducted with chair Sean McElduff, chief executive Jim Sarantinos and head of football Mark O’Neill, what is known is that Ryles and Hannay remain the leading contenders as Eels officials prepare to conduct a second round of interviews before announcing their new coach, most likely in the middle of July.

It is understood a number of the initial interviews were held at Sarantinos’ house as the club looked to keep their search for a new head coach out of the public eye.

Ryles has a contract in place at Melbourne but it is understood the Storm have been kept abreast of his talks with Parramatta and will not stand in his way if he is offered the job.

Sharks officials are also supportive of Hannay’s quest to land the Eels job.

Barrett, who stepped into the job when Brad Arthur was sacked, has had mixed success since taking over and it is believed his public campaign to become head coach hasn’t helped him in his bid to replace Arthur.

A number of senior players including captain Clint Gutherson and halfback Mitchell Moses spoke out in support of Barrett but the club is expected to head in a different direction as they decided to look outside the club for Arthur’s successor.

Ryles has been knocking on the door of head coaching for some time, having been an assistant at the Storm and Sydney Roosters as well as with Eddie Jones with English rugby union.

He returned to Melbourne late last year in a move which many believed gave him the inside running to replace Craig Bellamy when eventually decided to step aside. When Bellamy decided to continue coaching next year, the Eels job offered Ryles an opportunity to move into head coaching elsewhere and he is now close to achieving that goal as he finds himself locked in a battle with Hannay to take over the Parramatta job.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Has to be Hannay or it will be a complete utter failure with Ryles imo.

The fact that hannay is in origin camp now means we wont get a decision for another 2-3 weeks.
Why? Ryles has been recruited by 3 organisations (and high achieving coaches)...:must has something going for him...

Both are good options...or the best of the next up and coming coaches...