What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 29 30.5%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 12 12.6%
  • Ryles

Votes: 26 27.4%
  • Morris

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Cheika

Votes: 22 23.2%

• Total voters

chiefy1

Bench
If we compared that starting 13 to our best 2025 13 based on who we have currently the only wins we have in head to head on paper would be

Lomax over Auva’a
RCG over Tyrell

maybe a struck match between Moses and Reynolds.

that souths team would put 40 on us

Korusau at the time had only played 12 games.
It was Keary's second season and Reynolds 3rd.
Not many wet behind the ears spines go onto win comps with a handful of seasons behind them.
Massive credit - Madge

Korusau actually was in reserve grade at the time but South's regular hooker got injured and Api was a late call up.

hindy111

Post Whore
Not many wet behind the ears spines go onto win comps with a handful of seasons behind them.
Massive credit - Madge

Korusau actually was in reserve grade at the time but South's regular hooker got injured and Api was a late call up.

I'm warming to Madge

King-Gutho94

Coach
Massive credit - Madge

Issac Luke got suspended in the prelim final for a chicken wing on SBW.

Hence why Koroisau played

King-Gutho94

Coach
Madge isn’t walking out on NSW. He’s constantly spoken about wanting to build something. He’d look like a fool after taking himself out of the race, to then re-enter
Brad Arthur won a final 58-0.

40 mins of football and all of sudden lets go & sign Madge Maguire again.

Any coach can look good after 1 game.

Madge can coach a gold plated roster but anything else he isnt much good.

We don't have that gold plated roster for Madge to walk in and apply the finishing touches.

If we wanted Madge then 2018-2019 should have been the time to get him with the roster we were building in the premiership window between 2019-2022.

chiefy1

Bench
Madge isn’t walking out on NSW. He’s constantly spoken about wanting to build something. He’d look like a fool after taking himself out of the race, to then re-enter

His bank manager wouldn't be saying Madge is a fool for taking 3.2 million from an eels contract as opposed to approx 450k from nsw.

Anyone would be stupid to call Madge the fool.

Cmon bro. Think about it.

Pazza

First Grade
Brad Arthur won a final 58-0.

40 mins of football and all of sudden lets go & sign Madge Maguire again.

Any coach can look good after 1 game.

Madge can coach a gold plated roster but anything else he isnt much good.

We don't have that gold plated roster for Madge to walk in and apply the finishing touches.

If we wanted Madge then 2018-2019 should have been the time to get him with the roster we were building in the premiership window between 2019-2022.

madge seems to do well whens hes got the best of the best

eels_fan

First Grade
His bank manager wouldn't be saying Madge is a fool for taking 3.2 million from an eels contract as opposed to approx 450k from nsw.

Anyone would be stupid to call Madge the fool.

Cmon bro. Think about it.
If you think our board are going to ratify a $3.2m deal I think you’re insane.

we want cheap. Whoever we hire won’t be on a dime over $600k.

Zoso

Juniors
Roosters best attack by far. Hes transformed the Chooks. Justin Holbrook come on down. Throw the leagues club at him. Get it done. He ticks every box the club has stated they require.

Roosters best attack by far. Hes transformed the Chooks. Justin Holbrook come on down. Throw the leagues club at him. Get it done. He ticks every box the club has stated they require. Ffs!
We need some mongrel and resilience, in addition to some new blood. I think we need a coach that can bring that, first and foremost.
I think you can get attacking smarts through assistants, see Holbrook and Jason Taylor.

ImTheMan

Juniors
Forgive me, but why does the next coach matter too much? Remember when Ricky Stuart was the next big thing: "I'm in, are you?" membership booklets with him front and center. Just get some good players ffs. No one is going to be more impactful than Arthur, sorry to break it to everyone.
In other words: we are at the very start of rebuilding again. Think 2011. "Oops we spent ten years with a dud" is the admission otherwise, think about it. The next coach is f**ked why do you think no one serious wants to touch the joint? Most unenthusiastic I've ever been for this team I don't even have a single player I want to defend. Moses and Cartwright, that's about it.

Last edited:

King-Gutho94

Coach
Forgive me, but why does the next coach matter too much? Remember when Ricky Stuart was the next big thing: "I'm in, are you?" membership booklets with him front and center. Just get some good players ffs. No one is going to be more impactful than Arthur, sorry to break it to everyone.
In other words: we are at the very start of rebuilding again. Think 2011.
The only ones who believed Ricky was the next best thing in 2012 are those that believe in the pixies.

I never thought Ricky was the right fit at the time and he never looked like he would fit in at Parra. It seemed a desperate move from Spags.

The first time Ricky answered a question in his initial press conference about joining the club was "yeah the colours are weird but anyone that knows me once I put them on there my colours"

From that moment i was never confident Ricky was the right man or going to be here for very long.

What's weird about our colours.

I am actually surprised Ricky took the job on.

He would have been better off holding onto NSW for a few more years.

Latest posts