What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Next Coach

Who will be Eels Next Coach

• Hannay

Votes: 30 30.6%
  • Hollbrook

Votes: 12 12.2%
  • Ryles

Votes: 28 28.6%
  • Morris

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Cheika

Votes: 22 22.4%

• Total voters

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
This needs to happen now or in the next few weeks, and by it I mean get the new coach in now, not next season.

We are headed for the spoon with TBaz in charge for the rest of the season and the damage could be irreparable.

I don't see any real attitude and/or motivation in this team right now.

King-Gutho94

Coach
This needs to happen now or in the next few weeks, and by it I mean get the new coach in now, not next season.

We are headed for the soon with TBaz in charge for the rest of the season and the damage could be irreparable.

I don't see any real attitude and/or motivation in this team right now.
Yep the side lacks direction we are in limbo.

Make the call so the club can move forward with recruitment and other things.

Being slow and methodical is all well and good. But it comes to a point where we are paralysing ourselves the longer it takes to make a decision.

Incorrect

Coach
Has a caretaker coach ever been sacked or walked before the season is over in NRL?

If/when T-Baz is informed he ain't getting the gig fulltime, would anyone be surprised if he spat the dummy and just f**ked off? I wouldn't. These imposters running out for us each week are not doing his future prospects any good, it's not adding anything positive to his CV...

Gronk

Staff member
There will SFA on the market by the time we make a decision to trade players in or out.

Lane, Matterson & Paulo are the major worries who have contracts post 2025.
I know you have it in for Matto, but he was very good last night.

18 runs 212m 100 Pcm 35 tackles is exactly what you need.

Seriously, we have bigger issues than Matto.

Has a caretaker coach ever been sacked or walked before the season is over in NRL?

If/when T-Baz is informed he ain't getting the gig fulltime, would anyone be surprised if he spat the dummy and just f**ked off? I wouldn't. These imposters running out for us each week are not doing his future prospects any good, it's not adding anything positive to his CV...
Peter Sharp.
When Flanagan was stood down Sharp took the caretaker reins only to walk during the season June/July? and assistant, James Shepherd, took over for the remainder of the season.
Result? Sharks first wooden spoon in 45 years.

Incorrect

Coach
Peter Sharp.
When Flanagan was stood down Sharp took the caretaker reins only to walk during the season June/July? and assistant, James Shepherd, took over for the remainder of the season.
Oh shit! I hope we don't get a wooden spoon. We haven't won one since, like, 6 years ago!!

Last edited:

King-Gutho94

Coach
I know you have it in for Matto, but he was very good last night.

18 runs 212m 100 Pcm 35 tackles is exactly what you need.

Seriously, we have bigger issues than Matto.
I thought Matto played well.

The issue is with Matto is getting him on the park every week when he misses 4-5 games every year.

The concussion issues ain't going to go away.

With Matto's history & he gets a minor head knock he is out for 5-6 weeks again and we have a player on a lot of money that cant play a third of the season.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Peter Sharp.
The Sharks won the comp 2 years later.

So your telling me sack Barrett and we win the comp in 2026 and break a 40 year drought.

I would take that right now.

The more I think about it, so long as the new coach can start duties in two weeks from today - say Fri 19 July, rather than November - then whoever is announced should be ok, just get it done.

Barrett can cease acting up and return to his assistant role for the remainder of the season, and the new coach can get involved now to get a sense of what needs to change (players, training, assistants, tactics) after the end of season.

Given the above timing, it all points to Hannay being announced - wraps up Origin duties on Wed 17 July, and is released from any other role he might have elsewhere to commence with us during our Round 20 bye, ready for the final 7 games.

Stevie

Bench
It will be interesting what th new coach will do with all th dead wood..

Will he get rid of them or try to turn them back into the players they once were ..
Very good question I’ve been asking this as well. Do they look at Matto, Lane, Paulo for example and say “these guys can play” or do they say “these merkins are cooked”?

Its very exciting.

Latest posts